• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy just chewed through a live cable!

Laura10101

Warren Scout
Turned my back for 2 seconds and daisy was behind the Xmas tree having cables for breakfast! have no idea how she managed to get behind the tree! I don't remember seeing her leap over the top of the 6 foot tree lol :roll: she ate through the broadband power cable which was on at the time. Should I be worried? She is acting completely normal just now and I don't see any injuries on her. she is eating normally as well.

Thanks,
Laura

My Snowdrop chewed through a live extension cable a few years ago and it sparked and blew the fuse. She had some burns to her mouth and was thrown across the room. I took her to the vets to check over but they couldnt do anything other than give her metacam for the burns to her mouth and recommend we watch her closely. She was absolutely fine!

Yikes that sounds scary! Glad she was ok! Daisy would have kept chewing away if I hadn't dragged her out so her shock must of been less severe than that.

Oh no! :shock: Sounds like she's had a lucky escape! I guess just make sure she's acting and eating normally, and not in shock. Hope she'll be OK xx

Back