• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns are loose...

I would leave them loose if its safe to do so :) I cant wait to be able to move my girs into their shed so they have more room! :)

mine have a hutch with only one door on it in the shed so at bedtime i just shut the shed door then they have the 6x4 to play in and can go and snuggle in the hutch when they decide its bedtime. On a morning when i go to open the shed you can hear them tapping the door as i am unlocking, very cute, would be nice to think they were giddy to see me but no its cos i have a dish of pellets in my hand!

when i gt my shed i put the big 2 storey hutch in there and would lock the buns in there on a night.. after about a week i wondered why the heck i was doing that!

the shed is safe, they could go in the hutch if it got cold and as they are more active on a night it made sense to give them all the space i could. i since removed the downstairs doors and put vet bed in there with loads of straw and hay upstairs.

the only thing i do on a night is remove the run so they are locked in the shed overnight.. thats just for my own piece of mind!

Back