• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies are moving house without me :(

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
My poor little bunnies are having to move to my mum and dad's next week :( My mum will do the Morning shift with them put them in there runs ect and i will do the PM shift... Where they are at the moment the foxes will not give up trying to get them! They have ripped there covers, chewed all there hutchs.. i have done every thing i can think off :cry: I cant sleep as everytime the outside light goes on i wak up to chase them off...

Its the best option for now and i will also be moving there next year.. but still :(

Does anyone else have problems with foxes??

Hey I'm localish to you luckily we don't have problems tho. I hear mens wee along walls acts as a deterrant and perhaps once the foxes realise they are gone n move on your bunnies can return. Could bunnies go indoors temperarily at all? The other thing is maybe build a run around the actuL hutch as an extra layer of protection at night. X

Aww I'm sorry you will be without hem for a bit....I do think it's for the best though. Foxes tend not to give up until they achieve what they're after. A lady on here was very tragically visited twice by a fox and lost something awful like 7 rabbits, despite having three layers of mesh up :( :( Although you'll miss them it's a lot better than how you'd feel if they were hurt.

I lost two of my own buns to a fox without any warning, I don't think I could bear to have them outdoors ever again.

How long until you move?

Hey :wave:,

My boyfriend has done a wee round the hutches and garden :oops: didnt work :( Then we tryed bleech and lavender plats but its not working there were 5 in the garden last night at once :( for now until they move we have but strog wire two layers round the sides to stop them getting round or under the hutches and then more strong wire round the front... inclueding the blackets they have then the fly stop meterial then the plastic... They just wont give up!

I will be moving with them and my boyfriend in about 5 months to my mums. They will ne looked aftered just i will miss there morning shift nothing better then a a few bunnies hugs n kisses before work. I might be panicing more then i should but at the end of the day as you will all know they are our babies! And need to be protected.

Not a very nice decision for you, but at least it is only a short time till you will also be there. Much better to keep your bunnies safe.

Hope all goes well for the move. Then you can start counting bthe days until you join them full-time again! :love:

Why can't they live indoors?

We had a fox problem for a few weeks early last year, until my dad stayed up one night and went after them with a gun. Thank god he missed but it solved the problem. We fixed the fence holes they made and never saw them again.

Back