• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is my rescue bunny?????

Looks like a lionlop to me, but could be a cross breed. Perhaps a cashmere lop? Lovely bunny though :) Whats the bunnies story?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I am soooo losing it today!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Anyway I named her Blossom and she was being looked after by another RU member but needed rehoming permanently - I had a holiday boy who was going nowhere (he ended up staying) and therefore needed a pal - so i took her on. I was told she was a cashmere lop but seeing another bun on here who looked similar thought I would ask the experts. She's absolutely scrumptious, very calm natured though HATES to be picked up (though loves a nose rub and a fenugreek) she has a skirt of fluff at the bottom too - has anyone else's buns got a 'skirt' ??

I've just googled lionhead lop and looked at piccies and you're right!! Blossom looks exactly like some of them on there - ahhh bless her!! :love::love:

yayyyyy! I got a lionlop ! :love::love::love: Not a cashmere then??? :?:?

Nope Cashmeres don't have manes :) Where as lionheads and lionlops often have longer hair all round

The Miniature Lionlop is an individual breed by the way, it seems a few people think lionlops are just crosses between lionheads and lops (obviously thats what they were originally) but they are a recognized breed :)

My girlie is quite big under all her fluff so I take it she will be a DWARF lionhead lop?? Thanks for your info it's been really useful to know x

Yep lionlop as others have said, and my lionhead also had a 'skirt' but I got her bum trimmed in the summer to reduce the risk of flystrike as she got poo caught in it a couple of times.

My girlie is quite big under all her fluff so I take it she will be a DWARF lionhead lop?? Thanks for your info it's been really useful to know x

The only recognised breed is the mini lionop which is the same size as a mini lop, if she's quite a lot bigger it is possible she's a cross but she looks quite small to me :)

Back