• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And my mum wonders why I don't want to leave the buns with her.....

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
...when she calls me at 14:30 and still is with her OH when she told me she'd come home early & feed the bunnies so I wouldn't have to worry about them! I fed them yesterday before I left for my dad's but I didn't give them enough hay for 24 hours damn it! I bet they have nothing to eat now :(

No point in this, just a rant. Ugh. Never going away again! If they end up getting ill because of this she's paying the vet bill!

I had the same thing happen with my horse today. :evil:

I always help out one of the women at the yard, I feed, check and turn her two out quite alot and rarely ask for it in return. So I asked last night if she would give him his breakfast, got a text at 11am to say she had only just got there and hadn't bothered to feed him! :shock:

Some people just don't understand!

:( I don't get it. Sometimes she just doesn't seem to care.

I told her off and she did apologise but seriously. If this happens again I won't be amused at all.

Bunnies seem ok, just very hungry!

I had this when I was staying with my parents for christmas. I kept the rabbits in my room at my Dads, and was visiting my mum for a couple of days, so asked them to feed and water them. Came back and there was no hay left in the room, their water bowl was practically empty and the veg I bought for them hadn't been touched :evil:

Glad we're back at uni how!

That's awful. :( I'm so very Lucky my parents think the world of my bunnies and always care for them well in fact they have more attention at mums than they do at home lol bless its a worry when you don't have someone trustworthy. x

I hate it when that happens - you expect people to think they need food and water and cleaning like people would need! I now put in 2 bowls of water and loads and loads of hay always just in case...

I hate it when that happens - you expect people to think they need food and water and cleaning like people would need! I now put in 2 bowls of water and loads and loads of hay always just in case...

When I asked my Mum & Dad ti look after the bunnies I got back & found two bowls of water, apparently my Dad didnt think my animal husbandry was up to scratch & that they should have two incase one run out.

He had also shredded a whole black bin liner of newspaper (it's what I use for the litter tray), I'm a very lucky girl.

I hope you don't have to leave them again soon-for your sake. Although hopefully your Mum will learn from her little error.

Aghh I can sympathise, my dad does the same :( they never got fed on boxing day because dad said he'd do it then never done it! :(

Back