• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New year rat party - new pics post 10

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
First off here are three of the four girls I adopted from Paws Here in Edinburgh. Unfortunately one came with a respiratory infection which flared up badly on the way home and despite being nebulised and being on antibiotics I wasn't happy with her. She is now at my vet receiving oxygen and drugs to help the infection but he'll see how she gets on without the oxygen today. Fingers crossed!

These guys were all handed in to Paws Here over the Christmas holidays, the little respy girl I'd say was at least 1 and a half, the little black hoody is apparently 4 months old and the other two girls we guessed to be between 8 and 14 months.

Here's one of the girls, she's no name yet but is very pretty
IMG_5249.jpg

Look at this face
IMG_5268.jpg

This little lady is very outgoing and very people friendly. Unfortunately she has a large tumor growing just under her tail and I think it's been allowed to grow too much for successful removal. :cry: I will take her in to my vet this week to see if she can have it removed and if so we'll do that.
IMG_5213.jpg

She tried to pinch my boyfriend though:lol:
IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5272.jpg

The folk at the rescue think this wee girl has had bad experiences as she squeals like crazy when picked up and is very timid. She's also lived on her own up til now but really came out of her shell at the party.
IMG_5255.jpg

These painfully cute babies are recent asdditions to my friends ratty group
IMG_5223.jpg

A squish of rats, I recognise my Mouse's huge bum on the right
IMG_5280.jpg

My girl Bounce likes to be in the middle
IMG_5264.jpg

Hidey sort of looks like she's sulking in this picture
IMG_5267.jpg

Reba
IMG_5219.jpg

My new girl with my friends new girl
IMG_5229.jpg

Pretty sure the girls had a vague idea of where the boys table was
IMG_5258.jpg

Apparently a big pink dolls house is what every strapping boy rat wants for Christmas
IMG_5286.jpg

Here's my lad with one of his big beefy boys (who loves his pink dolls house)
IMG_5275.jpg

Last edited:
Aww! They're lovely :love:
I'd love to have rats but I'm not allowed :( Ah well, in a few years I'll have moved out and will have a house full :lol:

They look as though they were really enjoying their party. I hope the poorly one picks up. Sending some healing vibes over xx

They're gorgeous :love: I saw that Paws Here had had 4 rats go to a new home, glad to see it's someone on here :D
Sending vibes for the respy one.

Gorgeous! Not just me that feeds baby food to ratties then, I recognise that lid :D

I tend to keep it for the ones that are unwell but they all got a little last night.:lol:

The little respy girl is still on oxygen but has started eating again and her breathing has eased a bit in the oxygen chamber. We're hoping that the resbite will allow her to recover enough to get a little time in peace at home.

Here are some more pics my boyfriend took

Dusty dog doesn't share food, not even with little puppies
dogs001.jpg

What's this I've stepped in?
rat001.jpg

Think my friend needs to keep a close eye on this girl.:shock:
babyrat.jpg

The little girl who's currently at the vet. Not a great photo but we wanted one at least. :cry:
ratty.jpg

Last edited:
I used to always feed HIP organic baby jars once they were elderley and not eating so well. That looked like the butternut squash and chicken one by the colour. I had 2 different rats that lived happily for over 6 months almost exclusively on HIP because it was just easier for them than eating anything that was either hard they had to hold, HIP and yoggies! I really miss having ratties, had them for 11 years up unil theis March when we lost Colin at 2 years 7 months, he died laid in the crook of my collar bone (which was a favourite weeing spot of his!).
Hope the wee girl who's poorly pulls through. xx

I used to always feed HIP organic baby jars once they were elderley and not eating so well. That looked like the butternut squash and chicken one by the colour. I had 2 different rats that lived happily for over 6 months almost exclusively on HIP because it was just easier for them than eating anything that was either hard they had to hold, HIP and yoggies! I really miss having ratties, had them for 11 years up unil theis March when we lost Colin at 2 years 7 months, he died laid in the crook of my collar bone (which was a favourite weeing spot of his!).
Hope the wee girl who's poorly pulls through. xx

I tend to have jars for girls that get old as well, mine love the spinach, cheese and potato ones.:lol:

With any luck I'll get to see the wee sickly girl tomorrow at least. The girl with the lump will be going to the vet tomorrow if they're open.

Back