• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
Rant Alert!!!!!

Just had to bring Scarlet in, even "Scarlet the Unflappable" can't be left out in what appears to be a war zone around our house. Fireworks galore (let off by 100% sober people I am sure NOT) and a chinese lantern merrily burning its way out in a tree in next doors garden. At least we have indoor housing set up for emergency at this time of year.

I know it's new year but it makes me so cross :evil:! Do we really need "display rockets" being set off in urban areas! There are so many of those stupid lanterns drifting across I daren't put her back out til the morning.

Rant over, happy new year fellow bunny lovers! :wave:

I feel your pain, mine are indoors but for the first time ever Peterwont stop thumping, i know it's cos he's terrified but really starting to frustrate a very tired me (especially as they are barely audible compared to half hr ago-oh actually....they've just started again, ARGH, WHY????

Meanwhile Poppy is having a fab time foraging all the fenugreek countries I've tried to entice Peter with to cslm him down, she's had about a weeks worth-she couldnt care less!!

'Happy New Year', not the best start....i'm tired and want my bed-ha ha!!

Sorry Scarlet has been upset, but at least you were ready with contigency arrangements. :thumb:

Spenser is indoors now for the winter after being poorly, but he's never been bothered by fireworks. I do think it is inconsiderate and unnecessary the amount people set off in gardens. Must cost a lot too!

It is so much worse than last year. Scarlet will be really ****** off at having to be in, she thumped at being put in the house cage, but I want my bed and I daren't put her back out with so many chinese lanterns everywhere (the thought of one landing on the hutch cover doesn't bear thinking about!) and people are still letting fireworks off though it appears to have stopped in the immediate vicinity. The rad is off in the hall where she is, and the cats litter tray has been moved so we can shut all the doors so the hall doesn't get warm in the morning. It's been so warm lately she's already moulting and I don't really want her in so I'll doubtless be down at 6 am to put her back out in her hutch dressed in my PJs and dressing gown, lol. I guess few will be up to see! She's so worth it though, I love her to pieces.

It is so much worse than last year. Scarlet will be really ****** off at having to be in, she thumped at being put in the house cage, but I want my bed and I daren't put her back out with so many chinese lanterns everywhere (the thought of one landing on the hutch cover doesn't bear thinking about!) and people are still letting fireworks off though it appears to have stopped in the immediate vicinity. The rad is off in the hall where she is, and the cats litter tray has been moved so we can shut all the doors so the hall doesn't get warm in the morning. It's been so warm lately she's already moulting and I don't really want her in so I'll doubtless be down at 6 am to put her back out in her hutch dressed in my PJs and dressing gown, lol. I guess few will be up to see! She's so worth it though, I love her to pieces.

The things we do for them, eh? :roll:

Spenser has a big crate in my bedroom, but he rattled it so much when I shut him in at night that I don't now. :oops: The room has now wires, and so far he has been well behaved. I hope Scarlet settles, and you can both start enjoying the new year from tomorrow.

awww, mine have gona back out now! as don't have enough room to keep them in!

Scarlet's happily back in her hutch, under cover of darkness, with me in my PJs as anticipated :lol:. I really do wish they would ban the proper display rockets from being sold for anything other than organised display purposes. A friend of mine let some of at a party years back, in their garden, despite it saying you should be 20 metres from any building. I was ridiculed for going into the house while they did so but several people joined me after the first one went up, they really do go up with a whoosh. I sound like such a party pooper but they're not intended for "domestic use" and I think people are insane to set them off like that.

We only stayed up til Midnight to make sure she was ok, me and DH are just so "rock and roll" :lol:

They were letting them off til 430am here! Was really thinking about all the animals with less loving or/and knowledgable owners

I know, there were dogs going mad and I suspect many pets were home alone when it struck 12. We make it quite clear we won't go out on NYE or bonfire night to make sure that the animals (we have a cat aswell as Scarlet) are ok. There is alot of wildlife where we live too, they must wonder what on earth is going on.

Not too many fireworks here last night, but someone called the fire brigade out to a house opposite that was setting off those lanterns. I don't know much about those lanterns, but they did look a bit too big and flamy for a built up residential area! :shock:

Started here about 10 and carried on until about 1am. None of mine are bothered by them fortunately, Mini was more scared by me moving my duvet last night :?, I expect it would be different if they were outside.

I'm never bothered about our dog and cats as they're not bothered. Bunnies are outside though- there were fireworks in the distance which didn't bother me or the bunnies as they didn't disturb them but then next door had some or somewhere on our street which I was a bit worried about because it was very loud. I think the bunnies didn't like that but thankfully they didn't last for long at all and they were ok after.

Ruthie xxx

Not too many fireworks here last night, but someone called the fire brigade out to a house opposite that was setting off those lanterns. I don't know much about those lanterns, but they did look a bit too big and flamy for a built up residential area! :shock:

We couldn't believe the size of the one that lodged in next doors tree. They look so much smaller in the the sky, which sounds dumb as it's pretty blinking obvious, but nevertheless we were quite shocked.

Back