• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possessed Rabbit

Dave81

Mama Doe
Since Jezebel's hormones kicked in yesterday she has been acting like she is possessed. Whilst roaming free in the living room she is still like a normal bunny however once shut back in the cage she goes mental. Food bowl turned over, water poured every where (she doesn't drink from a bottle), tips her litter tray all over and generally rattles the cage.

She is getting spayed on Thursday do you think I should just limit her to cage only for the next few days?

Luckily Fluffy has mellowed out she quite happily sits in her cage

Since Jezebel's hormones kicked in yesterday she has been acting like she is possessed. Whilst roaming free in the living room she is still like a normal bunny however once shut back in the cage she goes mental. Food bowl turned over, water poured every where (she doesn't drink from a bottle), tips her litter tray all over and generally rattles the cage.

She is getting spayed on Thursday do you think I should just limit her to cage only for the next few days?

Luckily Fluffy has mellowed out she quite happily sits in her cage

Sounds like she's just throwing a strop because of the small amount of space she's confined to. One of my foster rabbits had to be housed in a 5ft hutch temporarily for over a week until we could get the other run free, he always got ratty when I walked pash which included bowls ovew, litter tray emptied, scratching and biting at the door. He's now in a bigger enclousure with run and is a totally changed bunny :) Her hormones are probably not helping the way she's acting either to be honest :/ Give her the space she needs if you can, how is she towards your other rabbits today? But do lock her away in her cage once she's been spayed for a few days to rest

I haven't let her interact with Fluffy as they end up circling so going to wait until they are both spayed and recovered. Yesterday when they were out together she mounted Fluffy then got off and thumped her feet, that promptly ended playtime. Today they have had half a living room each no easy task when I have to keep an eye on the boundary :lol:

She had calmed down now sat eating cellary and cabbage

Roll on Thursday!!

I haven't let her interact with Fluffy as they end up circling so going to wait until they are both spayed and recovered. Yesterday when they were out together she mounted Fluffy then got off and thumped her feet, that promptly ended playtime. Today they have had half a living room each no easy task when I have to keep an eye on the boundary :lol:

She had calmed down now sat eating cellary and cabbage

Roll on Thursday!!

It's a looooong wait but will be worth it! give her things to do, carboard to chew....distract her :)

Glad I don't have children, rabbits are enough :lol:

totally agree! My sister is about to have her 4th kid, and I plan to have none :thumb: (she's doing all the work for me I guess). I have my quad, plus 2 foster rabbits, one of which is a permanent boy with specific eating requirements due to bad teeth when he was brought in :roll: they're enough work for me too!

The title made me laugh xDD But aren't all buns possessed? Milky is absolutely mental O.O She runs up and down the rabbit room (not really a room) as if she's on drugs...Her new nick name is Lambo (short for Lamborghini) xD Despite being the more reserved out of the two, Honey copies but isn't as agile and is always bumping into things :roll: Nothing serious though xP They both enjoy shoving their faces in their water bowl too...Luckily they aren't able to tip it over. Little Milky is also able to shove their 32L underbed storage box from one end of the cage to the other. FYI though, Milky was like this before hormones kicked in. She's just gotten even crazier :lol:

:lol: yeah my two go mental like that, I can be on the sofa watching TV the next minute a rabbit goes flying in the air twisting and turning then running fast, I swear the carpet will get worn out they tend to run around in a figure of 8 weaving in and out of the furniture

:lol: yeah my two go mental like that, I can be on the sofa watching TV the next minute a rabbit goes flying in the air twisting and turning then running fast, I swear the carpet will get worn out they tend to run around in a figure of 8 weaving in and out of the furniture

:lol:

How long is she in her cage? She might be mad at being confined - and hormones won't help at all of course.

Perhaps pop a water bottle on the cage as well, just in case she tips her bowl over during the night?

When Boris lived in my bedroom he had to be confined to a cage during the night as my mum wouldn't let me have him free ranging :roll: Although the cage (which is 120 cm) was actually quite large for him (he's a tiny bunny), he never liked it much and would do exactly what your bunny is doing, turn it into an absolute mess! He also woke me up at 5 AM every day by digging at the bottom and chewing the cage bars. He now shares a room with his wifey Bella, the cage in question is in there and he likes it a lot better when it's always open :) I always put some of their hay in there and very often I find him sat there happily munching away and pooing at the same time :lol: He sometimes sleeps in there too.

They had free range of the living room 24/7, now unfortunately it's only a couple of hours a day that's the best I can do until Thursday when they are spayed.

Only 4 more sleeps to survive!!

I'm hoping so, it's amazing how quick she has changed due to the hormones.

Fluffy was playing up but she has gotten better over the last few days.

I'm really looking forward to been able to let them both out all the time, there present from me for been spayed is a new cage layout

Back