• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had to run out to the bunny shed :O

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
:shock:

I was in the living room and my mum was ironing in the kitchen, we kept hearing loud bangs. :roll:

I ran out to the bunny shed turned on the light and Bella was sat there thumping and the other 2 buns in the other pen were watching her :roll:
she would not stop thumping so mum and I went in and we checked and there were no mice or anything :roll:. I picked her up and mum checked the hay, I gave bella snuggles and she calmed down. I cleaned out the hay and replaced it with fresh. :)

I gave her a treat and her food and she happily munched on it. what on earth could be wrong, the thumping was so loud we could hear it through double glazed windows :(

did she just want attention?? :roll:

We are leaving the shed light on for the night now :roll:

Are there any fireworks where you are tonight? They make my bunnies thump sometimes :roll:

No :) we live in a small village in the countryside there are never fireworks, the loud bangs was bella thumping :roll:

Only bella was thumping the other 2 were fine its very strange :(

Mine get like that sometimes! My Matilda, whos an indoor bun is an attention thumper!! if she wants hay, or her water bowls run out, she will stamp those little feeties!!

one of my outside ones thumps to! which I can hear from inside the house! never know which one it is tho! ha

hmm I just dont understand it because she has never done this before, and she got really frightened at every sound she could hear :roll:
I Just hope she will be okay now :(

This might sound really silly but I use a baby monitor in the shed so I can hear exactly what is going on with the bunnies and the guinea pigs while I'm inside. It's really funny listening to my guinea pigs arguing, silly piggies. I have a smoke detector in the shed and so I got a baby monitor so I could hear it it went off. Not sure if you have electricity to your shed?

What a great idea - a baby monitor - I remember a couple of mine thumping when their new garden was done and they moved into new accommodation - I was so stressed with the thought that the neighbours would all kick off but thankfully it hasn't happened in over a year :D Could be just a little something or if she's a real madam - attention seeking as you say - if that's the case you'll need to have serious words with her :lol::lol: Happy New Year to you too and all your bunnies x

hey. Because she's a rex, just watch her hocks don't become sore, because thumping can sometimes start them off. Is she kept on soft bedding? Excessive thumping on hard surfaces can be one cause of sore hocks.

It could have been a fox nearby? Sometimes my buns thump and I can't see anything that could have caused it. I just assumed they'd picked up the scent of a fox nearby. Hope they stay calm tonight! xx

hey. Because she's a rex, just watch her hocks don't become sore, because thumping can sometimes start them off. Is she kept on soft bedding? Excessive thumping on hard surfaces can be one cause of sore hocks.

Hey, Bella has had sore hocks before and was treated, her feet are fine now, she has a large area of the shed and a 4ft hutch filled with hay (she is never shut in it) the floor of the hutch is lino tiles, in her litter box she has a layer of shavings and a layer of straw and a layer of hay on top :) The shed floor is just wood :roll: . :)

Capitan Helen:

No it could'nt of been a fox as it was onLY bella thumping the other 2 was fine :) she calmed down luckily :) x

Suzibunbun:

she is fine today, I think she may of been attention seeking lol :lol:

Lynn's bunny:
Yeh we have electric in the shed as we have a light, Baby moniters seem like a good idea :roll: however I would personally not put in a smoke alarm as the noise would spook my buns as bella is quite nervous :roll:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE AND EVERYBUN!!! :D

my lop penny did this for ages once! becasue usually i take her out to the runs first, but on this particular morning i took another bun. and she wouldnt stop thumping until she got in the run :L i put her out first every morning now and she hasnt done it since :L HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TO :)

Back