• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

straw,hay or blankets

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
at the mo im using hay from the farm in the hutches but 1 of my buns seems to get runny eyes off the dust, is straw ok to use or are blankets better? will still feed them hay of course:?

Im currently using straw from H4P's and its lovely :) Not sure if it will be too dusty for your buns though :? It doesnt seem dusty to me at all...lovely and golden :) I put a layer of hay on the top but mine dont attempt to eat the straw anyway...

i get a bale from the farm as i have got 4 and clean out twice a wk this works out cheap for me think im going to try straw and feed them hay what are the best hays to feed them at the mo i give them the excel hay,timothy hay,alfa alfa and woodlands

I have straw on shed floor, but if I can't get straw, I put down hay instead. The girls tend to prefer the straw, but I also have an old underbed storage bed full of hay which Ollie prefers. I did try blankets once but I didn't really like it - kept worrying they chew something unsuitable and make themselves ill or be cold :roll: I know - they sit out in the run on the coldest/wettest nights :lol:

Back