• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice U/D back to normal

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Emmy has stopped eating so looks like a trip to the vets when my OH gets home :( It will be the emergency vets so not sure how rabbit savvy they are unless anyone knows anything about Kydd & Kydd in Wimbledon. In case they are useless what do I need to ask them to give her?

Last edited:
Have you treated her with anything so far?
I always try the tummy rubs, chasing them around a little and cooled boiled water before I rush them off the vets.
When was the last time she ate? And has she pooped? DOes she have a history of dental problems.

Not suggesting for a second that you don't take her to the vet, just a way of maybe getting her through.

It really depends on what they find and what the cause of the not eating is. A good start though would be Metacam (dog metacam- anti inflammatory pain relief- you could ask for a bottle to take home as well) and also sub cutaneous fluids.

Sometimes some people say it's appropriate to get gut motility meds, like metaclopromide.

There might be other things that would be appropriate depending on what the problem is- for example an antibiotic if there is a sign of infection, probiotics for you to administer, recovery feed to syringe, etc.

I hope thins go ok at the vets and Emmy feels better soon.

Spoke to the emergency vets who luckily seem rabbit savvy but they are only open until 7pm and I am not sure about the vets after that time. Anyway while I was talking to them she starting to nom a little bit of greens. They have advised me to keep a close eye on her and phone back or call the others vets if I am still worried. She doesn't seem like her normal self but is nomming a little bit. I have just changed the litter tray so I can monitor output.

Thank you for the vibes :wave:

Glad she's started nomming a little bit. Someone suggested on another thread giving bunnies a bowl of cooled boiled water, which is still warm as they like to drink this.
Hope she's back to 100% tomorrow.

She seems a little more back to normal at the moment but i'm still watching her like a hawk.

I have just boiled the kettle so will give her some water when its cooler.

I've read somewhere before that peppermint tea is good for tummy aches - is that true? Also will it affect the other 2 if they drink it?

Sending vibes, glad she seems a bit better. xx

I've heard of peppermint tea being used, but haven't done it myself. If you use the search function you should get some threads that mention it. :wave:

I use mint infusions (check the ingredients that there isn't anything else hidden in there). Mine sometimes just steal it from my cup. Won't hurt any of them unless they have a sensitivity to mint and can't eat that. That's not something I have personally experiened with any of mine though.

I used to use peppermint tea (I think it might even have been me that started it, years ago now). I used to give it cooled in a syringe, and the bunnies really didn't like it. I wouldn't give too much if they do. You can give it preventitively as well as in a case of stasis.

Emmy was pretty much back to her normal self by the time I went to bed last night and is definately back to her usual naughty self this morning :) Thank you to everyone who offered advice and vibes last night. Not sure what was wrong with her but it seems to have worked itself out.

Emmy was pretty much back to her normal self by the time I went to bed last night and is definately back to her usual naughty self this morning :) Thank you to everyone who offered advice and vibes last night. Not sure what was wrong with her but it seems to have worked itself out.

Phew. What a relief. That's brilliant news.:thumb:

Back