• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone tell me what breed King is?

Alleycat

Alpha Buck
Does anyone know what type of rabbit King is and how big he will get? No one in Ukraine seems to know about breeds, and even if they did the Russian name would probably be vastly different :)

IMG081.jpg

He's a cross breed, looks to have a bit of a long-haired breed in him but it could just be the photo :)

Send him to me & I will look properly for you;):love::love:

Hahahaha - if you asked me that on Tuesday when I got home from my Christmas visit to my parents after 7 days away from home and started assessing the damage to the living room, I would have said yes :love: He obviously doesn't like being left alone....

Awww he's gorgeous :love: He looks like a cross breed to me too, I don't think he's necessarily even got 'breed' parents because he looks like a bunny of mixed genetics, so his parents were probably cross breeds too, and their parents, and their parents... Bunnies can get cross bred so much that they end up having such a mix of genetics that they're not really distinguishable as any 'cross' of breeds, if you see what I mean.

He is a very traditional 'bunny' shaped bunny though, which is great to give him the best chance at not developing health problems which are often related to some of the very heavily 'shaped' breeds :)

I don't know what breed, but he looks just like my Isabelle, she was taken into a rescue centre at 4 weeks of age so no idea what she is

July2011212.jpg

This was her at about 4 weeks!
IMG_0573.jpg

He looks pretty similar to my Boris (minus the colouring), who is a Lionhead/Nethie/Something else cross :lol: How big is he?

He's gorgeous :love:

That sounds a lot like Boris :) He's about 1.38 kilos now at almost 5 years old, although he recently lost some weight due to his snuffles making him poorly :( So I'm trying to get him to gain a little weight :)
Both his parents were cross-breeds but I know there was a bit of Lionhead and Nethie in there :)

They said at the place I bought him, he'd end up as large as my lionhead who's packing about 5 kgs at the moment (I was told she would only weight 700 grams at the most :lol: ), and it's the first time I've heard anyone lie and say they get bigger than they actually do, so I guess I'll just wait and see :)

I used to have a nethie that has the same colouration as King, I believe the colour type is orange. Maybe your lionhead also has some angora or cashmere in her, she sounds big for a lionhead. As to King's breed, he does look quite fluffy in your pic. They'e both gorgeous!

Back