• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have a Ninesome!!!! and a group of 7 looking good . . and a 5 going on 7

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Photos tomorrow (if I can get all in the same photo!).

Managed to bond all the babies that are still in the group with the four 'biggies'. Went really easily. Was tempted to re-introduce the 6th 'baby' (Woodruff) but will see how the bonding of her current group goes -

Currently trying to bond her foursome with another foursome . . so far have had to extract one - who was not getting on with their original group anyway. He kept getting picked on badly. Once we get that group of 7 together we are introducing another 4some to them.

We are very much hoping that by the New Year the outdoor buns will be in groups of a 9-some, another 10-11 some , a 5-some [which will become 7 when the final female is spayed and she and her partner can be added in - they are a two at present], and then we will try or re-distribute the other 3 - or 4.

We will still have Parsley and Peaches indoors in the main rooms; and Comfrey and Lola in the other indoor room - as Comfrey has real food issues and hates being in groups and Parsley loves other bunnies so much that he feels the urge to cover them (and the house) in pee whenever he makes a new friend - so we are trying to stick with him as being just a pair now - there are only so many times I can re-paint the conservatory walls:roll::roll:.

PS just added these figures up and not sure it comes to 33 - must have miscounted somewhere [goes out to re-count heads . . . . and checks in corners for random buns . . . . ]

PPS Before anyone has visions of heartbroken pairs mooning over lost loves - the strong pair bondings always seem to survive however large the group becomes [we have been up to 7 before] and will be found still together within the groups- whilst other bonds that were not strong tend to find new partners within the group and become more bonded to them. Our groups and pairs are much more fluid than most peoples seem to be - I think because there are just so many buns here that the smells etc make the situations more fluid. The only ones that we ever extract are ones that were finding their group difficult anyway - and they appreciate the opportunity to try again in another group. Its heartwarming when you see them finally find their true love:love:

That's fantastic! Well done you!

...is it Goosgogs you had to remove?

good guess . . but it was actually Blackthorn . . we are hoping Gooseberry will find a friend with either Pumpkin or Nutmeg [Nutmeg is such a lovely chap]. Peapod has increasingly been picking on Blackthorn

So far the 'odd ones out' are Pansy [after her brief flirtation with Pippin, Peaches will not let her back inside], Blackthorn and at present Charile . . though he is ousted for a different reason {see reference to re-painting conservatory].

PS Its well done Steve actually - I hid on the allotment.

Blackthorn was my second guess! (thought Peapod had something to do with it!)

So glad they're bonding well! Can't wait to see them all together! How are you going to sort the living arrangements? Link the bunny mansions together?

Is Peaches happy to have Parsley all to herself?

Blackthorn was my second guess! (thought Peapod had something to do with it!)

So glad they're bonding well! Can't wait to see them all together! How are you going to sort the living arrangements? Link the bunny mansions together?

Is Peaches happy to have Parsley all to herself?

We are installing short 'runaround' pipes between the runs. At present we are joining every other one together with the next (i.e. making 6 into 3). [not sure I explained that very well. . .].

We will eventually see if we can just put pipes between nearly all of them - but not sure about that.

Peaches is in shock . .. I think tbh she does miss charlie a bit - but the conservatory was really getting rank

How fantastic! Their accommodation is amazing already, but to have that row connected with the runaround tunnels, like the house and hutches, will be an absolute bunny paradise!!! Can't wait for piccies!!

That sounds fantastic! If it wasn't for finances, I wouldn't stop at 4 :lol: I never realised that having a group of buns would make so much difference, they really seem so much happier in a group. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Back