• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

is there a non convulsing type of seizure?

but jane i have had those all my childhhod and even now.....they dont involve loss of consciousness and are short themselves but can occur a few in a row..like daydreaming which ive seen all bunnies appear to do..or are they just thinking hard;)

seriously..have you or anyone else encountered such attacks in their buns who have the usual convulsive seizure?

but jane i have had those all my childhhod and even now.....they dont involve loss of consciousness and are short themselves but can occur a few in a row..like daydreaming which ive seen all bunnies appear to do..or are they just thinking hard;)

seriously..have you or anyone else encountered such attacks in their buns who have the usual convulsive seizure?

Yes

There are loads of different types of seizure, many of which don't involve convulsions.

Or could you maybe not have seen the convulsion, and he had moved to a different stage of the seizure?

My son takes convulsions and he has had a couple when he is unresponsive afterwards.

There are loads of different types of seizure, many of which don't involve convulsions.

Or could you maybe not have seen the convulsion, and he had moved to a different stage of the seizure?

My son takes convulsions and he has had a couple when he is unresponsive afterwards.

hi...sorry about your son....seeing your child go through it is so worrying. My youngest used to get febrile convulsions at age 3yrs.

the thing is we usually hear bertie having a seizure...no matter how short or long...but i guess a few so close together would make sense.

I take about 10 minutes or so after a seizure to even be aware of the fact im on the floor...then about an hour or so trying
to go back to normal. sometimes i just fall asleep.

berties my darling old boy.....hes everyones darling old boy:love::thumb:

hi...sorry about your son....seeing your child go through it is so worrying. My youngest used to get febrile convulsions at age 3yrs.

the thing is we usually hear bertie having a seizure...no matter how short or long...but i guess a few so close together would make sense.

I take about 10 minutes or so after a seizure to even be aware of the fact im on the floor...then about an hour or so trying
to go back to normal. sometimes i just fall asleep.

berties my darling old boy.....hes everyones darling old boy:love::thumb:

I have read a lot of your posts about Bertie, although I don't usually post anything :oops:. He sounds lovely :love::love:.

My son had his first seizure at 18 months. He's 22 now. He had a bad one while out a few months ago and we ended up taking him to A & E because he was totally unresponsive afterwards. We were at the hospital for a good 4 hours before he was "with it" enough for them to let him home. Docs didn't know what had happened.

I hope Bertie is OK now xx

It doesnt matter how old your kids are.....youre always their mum and every little worry is a HUGE worry..i know cos my daughters 27 with severe chronic ME and FIBROMYALGIA...sorry to hear your son scared you so much..id have been terrified in your shoes!

im biased about bertie:oops: we borrowed him..then adopted him..hes not the cleanest bun in town but most of it is territorial or..i dont like you..or i dont like what youve done!! he also poops in his sleep..and has always snored. He loved to go to sleep either on the floor or up on the sette or even in bed being hugged tight like a teddy bear as the little boy he grew up with did just that. bertie washes you...especially when youre crying..he makes you laugh by tickling you with his whiskers or head binkying etc.....he knows when your sad and does everything to let you know its ok..he loves you. i was eww at rew buns...but he changed my mind:love: hes the first big bun ive ever had...mr french lop :lol:

now with his illnesses and age hes a shadow of his former self...but he can still surprise you with a plea for an extra long nose rub and please brush me:love: he cannot even get up his doggy steps anymore but ambles across the lounge at least twice a day....and still goes noseying around on a good day.

hes a very special old man...weird i know but he reminds us so much of my dad...even my mum and other family members see it too....my dad died in 2006 and when bertie does finally go....i believe my dads looking after all our passed pets and will adore bertie like we do:love:

you should post!!

i guess im resigned to the fact he had one or severl seizures and it also affected his breathing...i get oxygen masked at the hospital each time i got admitted post seizure...about three in my lifetime. Just because hes never been unconcsious this long before...like your son..doesnt mean he never has before or ever will again.

fingers crossed your son will not be so long coming out of it next time he has one...and lets hope neither will bertie.

Back