• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which of your buns.....

shell1805

Mama Doe
............ past and present has been 'the' bun?? the bun that you have had the biggest connection with and as some put it, your 'soul bun' :)

thought it would be nice to share some lovely stories :)

xxx

Sutton, recently pts. He was definitely 'the special one'. No bigger than the palm of my hand when I first rescued him, a half-wildie. We shared ... don't know how to put it into words .... just 'something'. Strange this thread should appear today - I go to collect his ashes tomorrow.

I honestly don't know :oops: I love them all exactly the same, however Beano was unhappy before her spay and it was lovely to see her calm down after her spay and meet Gordon :love: She was my first rabbit and I will always have that special connection with her and I know I will never meet another bun like her but she has always been more of a rabbit kind of rabbit (as opposed to a people oriantated bun), and is now content with Gordon, she'd rather be with him and he'd rather be with her than have a fuss from me. Gordon is such a sweetie and so nice natured and I love watching him potter about the shed and follow me.

I think it might be Boris.. he has such a bond with me and when I first met met him, after me and my sister caught him and took him inside, he climbed onto my knee. Onve I went home I couldn't stop thinking about him, I went to see him the next day, think my sister got fed up of my sat in her conservatory with him for the day! :oops: :lol: Each night for about an hour he sits next to me for a cuddle and licks me and will lick my hand if I stop giving him noserubs! I can't explain how special he is, be he following me round or flopped out somewhere :love: I also find myself thinking about my future with him, how after his neuter we can take down his pen and he can have acess to the landing if the spraying stops.

Having said that, I do love all of them the same, but I have different connections with them if any of what I've said makes sense :oops: Basically they all mean the world to me :love:

Definitely Piglet. She had so much character, was absolutely beautiful and I miss her every day. She lived in my room for four years before moving outside when I had to bond her again, she was so very special :love:

:lol: i am obvious :)

i love jasper to pieces but no bun will ever be bella. she is amazing in every way. she is feisty and knows her own mind but can be so loving :) we 'get' each other and dont expect things from each other :)

i adore all my animals but bella is right up there with sullivan :love:

Eli :love:

my beautiful, gentle, funny little man.
i rescued him from a garden centre. he was in a small pen with another buck who attacked him over night. the next day staff found Eli semi castrated and in shock. upon reporting him to the manager they were told to 'take him out back and brick him'
i stepped in with a few choice words, took him straight to my vets and paid over £200 to get him treated. even though my vet didn't hold out much hope he survived and came to be my house bun for the next 3 years. he was so snuggly and loving i bonded with him instantly and was devastated when he didn't survive an operation after getting ill years later
he did however start my love affair with nethies. my current male Buddy is like Eli in so many ways but i still miss him every day.

I really can't say.

I so *want* to say Pumpkin the 1st as every time I think about her, my heart breaks.

But honestly, I truly think it's Dexter. It never matters if I haven't managed to spend that much time with the buns outside, he still comes and gives me snuggles and asks for nose rubs. None of the other buns will put up with snuggles for too long except my Dexter.

I truly love him :love:

Muffin :love:

He doesn't like cuddles like Furbee and he isn't hyper and funny like Trixie but there's something really special about him :love: just makes me smile without even doing anything & he's my first bunny so he'll always be extra special to me :) Thats not to say I dont love Trixie & Furbs, I love them the same just in a different way :)

I don't think I've ever had a soul bun. :oops:

I've had a soul dog and cat, but no smaller animal. Maybe because I love larger animals more than the small ones? I don't know.

Hard to say as its early days for us and poppy and daisy are our first ever buns and I adore them both but Daisy is the one who comes forward, kisses my noses, licks my hands and lets me hold her :love: Poppy is so much more reserved and nervous but she has started to lick my hands (bt oh so gentle compared to daisy! :lol: ) So time will tell...

I had a soul dog though, i adored her :love: She has been at the bridge for 4 years now though :(

Mine was my bridge bun Minky who I lost just before Christmas. She was only 9 months old but was the most special little bun.

She would hop over to me to say hello and even when she worked out that I didn't have food she would stay there by my feet or hop on my knee, and she would lick like crazy, especially my feet :oops:
She seemed to know when I felt sad and would come and cuddle with me.

I love my others but none of them seem so bothered about my once they work out I haven't got any noms. She was just precious.

Buster, although my bridge bun Sooty was very special to me too (he was before the time of RU) as he was my childhood bun but looking back i did him so many wrongs that it makes me ashamed to call myself his owner :cry:

Back