• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried: bunny not eating

Rabbitfantothemax

Warren Scout
My 3 year old dwarf rabbit mini has not been eatIng and I'm starting to get a bit worried I dont think it is Parisites because she only had it a few months ago and the vet has given the all clear that she is better.
Has anyone got any suggestikns or ideas what it is or what I can do?
I dont think it is the food either because we always have the same food and she normally eats it.
Thanks

How long since she ate?
Is she pooing/weeing/drinking?

If a rabbit isn't eating they need to be seen by a vet as soon as possible

Do you know what was wrong when you went to the vets before? And how long ago was it?
It could be teeth problems or it could be stomach problems. Get back to the vet as soon as you can because rabbits need to eat constantly. If they stop for too long it is very serious and they go down hill very quickly.

It has been about a day now. The problem before was head tilt and teeth problems but the vet sorted it out. She is drinking but probably not as much as she should be and she has been poking and weeing. I Will see if I can go to the vet tomorrow hopefully unless there is an improvement if she starts eating. Thanks
What would the stomach problem be if she has one?

It has been about a day now. The problem before was head tilt and teeth problems but the vet sorted it out. She is drinking but probably not as much as she should be and she has been poking and weeing. I Will see if I can go to the vet tomorrow hopefully unless there is an improvement if she starts eating. Thanks

A day is a long time for a rabbit to not eat.
Is she ok in herself or is she sitting still/flopped out a lot?

Not eating sounds like stasis... Which would really need treatment before tomorrow.

A day is very long for a rabbit to stop eating. Did she have a dental to sort the teeth problems? Rabbits go into something called stasis were the gut starts to shut down if they don't eat, they need pain relief and a gut stimulant and recovery food from a vet.

She hasn't been sitting Down or something she has been very lively. We have bought her in and I found some recovery food from last time she needed it and she has started eating it my mum is going to keep her in to night with some dry pellets water and recovery food so we are going to see how she is and if she is not very well we are gOing to take her to the vet.

Do you think she should be ok?

The only advice we can responsibly give is to get her to the vets tonight. We can't say whether she is ok or not, or will be. We can't tell you if she is suffering or what is causing this issue. We just know that any sign like this should be taken seriously and advise you of that.

Phone your vets and ask for their opinion?
They'll be able to tell you whether they think she shouldn't or should be taken to the vets :wave:

Yeah mum rang the vet the vet said that she should be fine as long as she has eaten some recovery food(which she had) and we don't need to take her in and I saw her this morning had eaten some pellets and was hopping around happy and well :thumb:

If that's the case it might be worth getting her teeth checked. Sometimes they grow a bit long and spikey and the spikes can cut their mouths making them sore. They find it easier to eat soft food when they're in pain. If she doesn't get back to normal food soon I advise getting a vet to check her teeth just to make sure. :)

She is much better now and has started eating pelets again which is super news and my mum is going to make an appointment with the vet for her to just make sure everything is ok!

Back