• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini Tornado hit us last night.....spun the hutch around and tore off the roof !

PippinWarren

Warren Scout
Oh my gosh.....in 17years of living here I have never known such traumatic weather. We have a fairly sheltered garden all the boundaries are concrete pillar & post fencing with wood panels. Never had any problems in windy conditions.

A mini tornado hit us last night! EEEEEEEEEK.

I had just been out to feed Misty & McVitie in their playhouse came in for a warm before I fed our newly fostered BARC bunster Yule. I watched the wind spin the whole hutch around and then tear off one side of the roof :shock:

Yule.....bless him just looked up in amazement and gave me a look of "OOOOO Mummy my roofs missing"

I quickly whipped him inside for lots of snuggles whilst the other half fought off the tornado with his hammer & electric screwdriver! :lol:

oooooh I hate the wind. It's scary nasty evil stuff. Lucky you were out there at the time and could bring Yule in straight away.

oooooh I hate the wind. It's scary nasty evil stuff. Lucky you were out there at the time and could bring Yule in straight away.

I'm so glad I was at home. Little Yule took it all in his stride, never phased him one bit. OH was quick with his tools though so Yule was safe and sound half an hour later.

PippinWarren is frantically scouring the tinernet for a wind speed meter. Would love to know the speeds that hit us last night :shock:

Perhaps a blessing in disguis if buns are all fine, you got extra snuggles, and a new hutch is on its way. ;):D:thumb:

Perhaps a blessing in disguis if buns are all fine, you got extra snuggles, and a new hutch is on its way. ;):D:thumb:

Can't say much at the mo but new hutch or 2 or 3 or 4 who knows until the wagon arrives lol. The playhouse was rock solid though so thats a bonus.

Yules hutch & run has now been tornado proofed! :D

soo glad your bunnies are safe, how scarey, i remember few years back now my cousins rabbit the roof blew off but the rabbit panicked and fled out of hutch from top breaking its neck instantly died :cry:

soo glad your bunnies are safe, how scarey, i remember few years back now my cousins rabbit the roof blew off but the rabbit panicked and fled out of hutch from top breaking its neck instantly died :cry:

:cry::cry::cry: how awful.

It was very windy here as well, I must admit I'm always especially glad that Ted and Rosie are cosied up inside with us when the weather is horrible :)

When I say tornado I wasn't exagerating :shock:, I'm still in shock never ever seen thst in 17 years of living here.
I was truly grateful my first little foster bun Yule was so calm despite his hay getting twirled around in front of his very eyes. He looked rather inquizative more than anything but I whipped him inside to pile on loads of cuddles just incase :lol:

Apparently the uk has about 40 tornadoes a year, more than any other european country :shock:. Batten down the hatches (hutches) everybody:lol:

Back