• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Probiotic help needed ASAP???

suzanne42

New Kit
My rabbit has just got back from a stay at the vets with stasis she now looks lots better and is munching grass and hay etc not keen on eating too much but she passed approx 50 poops since last night so shes on the mend thank god!

The vet has just said on the phone to give her probiotic but i cannot get hold of it today anywhere does anyone know anywhere in the west mids area that stocks it? if not does anyone know if she can have the human form of it in smaller doese obv?
thank u x

Can the vet not provide any?

Rabbits can't have dairy, and the only probiotics i know are yogurty type things, so thats a big no no.

Spenser's supposed to be getting some of these on Friday, but from the vet. He didn't get them on our last visit because they have to be ordered in by our local branch from the main practice. I got the impression it was very much something the vet should be able to provide though, rather than sending a client looking. :?

Pets at Home sell Pro-C Probiotic. Or you can order some satches of Biolapis online. If you pop into your vets they will probably dispense you some Biolapis or similar.

Back