• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fun Buns! Rescue update: post 10! Please read!

Hey!

I'm kinda feeling a little bored, but I'm gonna go and volunteer for an animal sanctuary in a couple of days.
So, I'm looking forward to that even though I might have to clean a chicken coop etc :lol:.
It's all worth it if I can play with their kittens etc.! :love:

I would really like to help the place more, do you have any ideas?
I also wanted to take a little something prehaps for the animals.
Especially the buns( they have over 80!), I'm waiting for a reply from the sanctuary if they would mind me prehaps taking some rabbit safe homemade food toys.

Do you have any ideas for me to make the buns anything nice, toys etc?
And could you post a link of the thread with bunny recipes please?
Also, I don't have any bunnies personally so can't use their treats etc for the stuff I'm gonna be making, I would have to buy some myself.

The thing is I don't know which pellet food there on, so can't do food with pellets cause they are not used to it.
Veggies, herbs etc all need to introduced aswell. the only thing I can think of that doesn't need to be introduced are treats. Fenugreek Crunchies etc..

Please post! ;> thanks!

Last edited:
Aww I wish I could find some where to volunteer I'd love to clean a chicken coop :lol:
Iv tried every rescue near me but nothing :(
Hope you have a good time, try collecting cardboard boxes and tubes etc then they can be given these as toys as certain buns may not be able to have treats
Good luck :thumb:

Aww I wish I could find some where to volunteer I'd love to clean a chicken coop :lol:
Iv tried every rescue near me but nothing :(
Hope you have a good time, try collecting cardboard boxes and tubes etc then they can be given these as toys as certain buns may not be able to have treats
Good luck :thumb:

LOL! My dad is coming with me and he's not so keen on that prospect :lol:

Sorry to hear that! Still hope you will find somethingh though! :thumb:

Good idea. Thanks!

Hiya Everybody,

Just a quick update.

I really would like to do something for the animals there.
But, I think I will make some stuff for them the next time I go, which will hopefully be soon.
You see, this is the first time I'm going to volunteer with them and I'm quite interested to see their situation and most of all see their buns, aswell as of couse asking if the don't mind me helping them generally with fundrasing etc (which they surely won't mind)and bringen nice goodies for the animals.
Then next time I can hopefully do something nice for them!

I've bought some new heat holder socks and some orange and brown wellies from my local Notcutts!
All ready for tomorrow to protect my tootsies! :lol

Please keep the posts coming through!
Thanks!

Back