• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It takes a lot to annoy me but.....

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
How can it be right that someone who owns bunnies cannot be bothered to pay the vet bill as it gets older, when they live in a posh street in town in a detached house on a corner plot, with 2 nice cars in the drive. The internet claims they bought the house in 1999 for £127,000 and it is now worth £314,000 ( estimated).

yet it is Ok to ask someone else to pick up the bill ( todays I am guessing will be around £200-£300, plus another op is needed in a few weeks) when they live in a house worth now about what they paid for theirs in 1999. Have one p reg car and only one person working on a below average wage:(

That is really annoying. :evil: Rabbits are so undervalued. :( They are NOT just a toy/domestic appliance you can get rid of when it starts to wear out.

Its possible that they no longer have a lot of money? Maybe they lost their job?

Just trying to look at it from another point of view... odds are they probably just don't want to pay for it but I wouldn't rule out that they genuinely don't have the money.

Its possible that they no longer have a lot of money? Maybe they lost their job?

Just trying to look at it from another point of view... odds are they probably just don't want to pay for it but I wouldn't rule out that they genuinely don't have the money.

Obviously that crossed my mind too, but they still have lovely cars, and a garden full of large trampolines etc plus there is no way they could have negative equity. So if they do have money worries there are things that should have gone first before the rabbit :(

Plus the bunny has been neglected for a long time in their care :cry:

Yep.. very annoying. We seem to have a few people like that on our modest, semi-rural street. 3 of us on here seem to end up with everyone's animals!

It goes something like this:

Get dog, have baby, get fed up of dog, let it wander 'til someone else looks after it (or leave it shut in til kindly neighbour offers to let it out) Move house & assume neighbour will have it!

Get cat, get fed up of cat, assume neighbour will take it in!

Get baby house bunny, child gets bored, bunny under the feet, put it in small box in garden, forget about it, has it got water? Erm dunno, it has some 3 days ago. Oh our crazy eccentric neighbour seems to have a thing about that rabbit we forgot we had so let's humour her & let her have it. Ooh shall we get a cute dog in a pink jumper now?

Throwaway society, everyone wants new, pristine stuff, seems like living things come under that category. Maybe the rabbit got a bit stinky, that'll never do with the new decor!! Annoys the hell out of me, shallow people! :evil:

Back