• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ronaxan AKA doxycycline

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone tried this in the past? I've never heard it or seen it mentioned so I'm curious.

Last edited:
If it's what i think i t is, it's metaclopramide :wave:

I thought it was Maxolon though :? Infact, google says it doesnt exist, and shows results for Maxolon instead?

Maybe I've spelt it wrong, hang on. Definitely not Maxolon, but maybe I've mixed the spellings :oops:

Oh definitely wrong, Ronaxan :oops: *changes title*

ETA: doxycycline, Ronaxan must be the trade name. :oops:

*gives up* :oops:

Maybe I've spelt it wrong, hang on. Definitely not Maxolon, but maybe I've mixed the spellings :oops:

Oh definitely wrong, Ronaxan :oops: *changes title*

ETA: doxycycline, Ronaxan must be the trade name. :oops:

*gives up* :oops:

:lol: sorry Schuey!

http://www.vetgb.com/vetgb_pdfs/ronaxan_9328_vetgb.pdf

It's a treatment for RTI's, such as pasteurella, bordatella and the *occus family of bacteria :shock: Aimed at Cats & Dogs currently, but i'd guess as per the majority, it may be able to be used in rabbits?

Mischa?

Yes, Santa had doxycycline in the past, it worked well for her. I seem to recall it has a good affinity with lung tissue and in humans it works synergistically with bisolvon, so if you're being offered it for a respiratory bun it might be worth asking about bisolvon too. The tablets are very small, I used to give it either in a little piece of banana or dissolve it in a drop of echinacea in water and she would slurp it up without a problem.

:lol: sorry Schuey!

http://www.vetgb.com/vetgb_pdfs/ronaxan_9328_vetgb.pdf

It's a treatment for RTI's, such as pasteurella, bordatella and the *occus family of bacteria :shock: Aimed at Cats & Dogs currently, but i'd guess as per the majority, it may be able to be used in rabbits?

Mischa?

Yup Mischa, and Nutmeg, both are struggling at the moment. It was only cos I've never seen it mentioned on here that I was curious. Apparently it is anti-inflammatory as well. It's in tablet form though, and they need quarter twice a day. Have no idea how I'm going to do this!

I've used it for respiratory infection :wave:

Oooh! Any tips on how to split the tablets?! :oops:

Yes, Santa had doxycycline in the past, it worked well for her. I seem to recall it has a good affinity with lung tissue and in humans it works synergistically with bisolvon, so if you're being offered it for a respiratory bun it might be worth asking about bisolvon too. The tablets are very small, I used to give it either in a little piece of banana or dissolve it in a drop of echinacea in water and she would slurp it up without a problem.

Mark recommended crushing up and mixing with something and syringing. I said about in banana as I know even Nutmeg will eat it like that. It's just the splitting of the tablets I haven't figured out :oops:

Glad to hear it's worked well. Am hoping this is going to sort it for both of them.

Yup Mischa, and Nutmeg, both are struggling at the moment. It was only cos I've never seen it mentioned on here that I was curious. Apparently it is anti-inflammatory as well. It's in tablet form though, and they need quarter twice a day. Have no idea how I'm going to do this!

Oooh! Any tips on how to split the tablets?! :oops:

I think I just chopped it up with a knife...wasn't easy though.

Back