• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i'm going to rehome bella.......

shell1805

Mama Doe
hear me out...........

ok, this is my idea. i dont know why but i always torture myself by looking on preloved at the buns :( dont know why, i guess im a masochist. anyhoo's i was thinking about placing an add. to sell bella...... :shock:

................................................................................................................................................................................................................

her ad would read something like this:

bun looking for a new home,free to anyone who could collect. few things you should know:

.she costs roughly £58 a month to care for
.she is a house rabbit who likes to chew things and so she needs lots of toys and space to play.
.she has to have 2 types of food and will only eat one type of hay (this is the expensive kind) she will go on food strike if you change any of thisand if she goes on food strike it can cause a condition called stasis very easily and this can end a buns life rapidy if not treated. more often than not an emergency vet trip will be needed which can cost over £100. did i mention this could happen many times in a bun life
.she is yet to need dental but i can not rule this out.
.she does not like to be picked up
.she will not let children pull her about
.she can not be left at the bottom of the garden as she has been raised indoors and the temp change could kill her

STILL INTERESTED??

rabbit's do not make good pets for children so do not believe the ad's that say they are.
rabbit's are not 'easy' and need dedication and even then their health can not be guarenteed.
if and only then, you can still see a rabbit being a part of your life and you their's (for the entirity of their life) look into a RESCUE.
rescue's will be able to answer all your quetions and will not 'dupe' you for a quick sale.
you can be proud to know you have given a rabbit the second chance they deserve.

THINK BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

so what you think, worth a shot??

xx

Last edited:
Go for it - advertise her as free to a good home then put all that :D

On a serious note does she really cost £58 a month?

Go for it - advertise her as free to a good home then put all that :D

On a serious note does she really cost £58 a month?

:oops: yup, her and jasper :oops: to be fair i spoil the pants off them and she only likes alfafa kings timothy hay which is £8 for a small bag :roll:

i just want to prove a point that you can think an animal will cost 'X' amount but more often than not they wil dictate otherwise :)

:oops: yup, her and jasper :oops: to be fair i spoil the pants off them and she only likes alfafa kings timothy hay which is £8 for a small bag :roll:

i just want to prove a point that you can think an animal will cost 'X' amount but more often than not they wil dictate otherwise :)

I got it cheaper from The Hay Epxerts, and although there is postage I would be paying that anyway for Spenser's pellets etc.

Spenser doesn't like it. :roll: I couldn't believe it but he will have nothing to do with it. It loks and smells so good I could almost eat it myself. :shock:

I got it cheaper from The Hay Epxerts, and although there is postage I would be paying that anyway for Spenser's pellets etc.

Spenser doesn't like it. :roll: I couldn't believe it but he will have nothing to do with it. It loks and smells so good I could almost eat it myself. :shock:

you're lucky, she loves the stuff which means it goes pretty quick :roll: i shouldn't complain at least she is a good hay eater :)

Oh no dont get me wrong I completely get the point and think its a great idea. Its a question I would only ask on here rather than in public - my lot only get farm hay cuz Im mean :lol:

Does she do pretty poops? Spenser's are smallish and dark. :(

her poops vary if im honest.... i really have to be careful with how much veg i give (which is hardly any as she gets such a bad tum with them :?) and stress causes her to get awful poops so i really cant change her routine even a bit..... drama queen remember??!! :roll: ;)

jasper on the other hand who hardly eats hay, nibbles a strand here or there has amazing poops :shock: i really dont get buns some time :lol:

should i mention poops in my ad??? :lol:

:D
Oh no dont get me wrong I completely get the point and think its a great idea. Its a question I would only ask on here rather than in public - my lot only get farm hay cuz Im mean :lol:

trust me i have tried farm hay, all sorts. hay experts and all different types but will bella eat it..... NO :roll: i even stopped her pellets and tried to force her to eat and she went on hunger strike and as any bunneh mum knows my worry and concern caved quicker than her fuzzy butt stuborness!!! i swear she chuckled when i gave her a big pile of alfafa kings hay as i was muttering 'damn... stubborn... little fuzz butt....' :roll:

:lol:

Good idea and well written :D Beano only eats hay for pets Ings hay well :roll: Boris on the other hand has had wilko and tesco hay before whilst waiting for an order of ings hay and he eats anything :lol: although I worked out it is cheaper for the Ings as it lasts a lot longer rather than buying a small bag of the wilko's or teso's hay a lot more often. :)

Good idea and well written :D Beano only eats hay for pets Ings hay well :roll: Boris on the other hand has had wilko and tesco hay before whilst waiting for an order of ings hay and he eats anything :lol: although I worked out it is cheaper for the Ings as it lasts a lot longer rather than buying a small bag of the wilko's or teso's hay a lot more often. :)

:)

Back