• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Long Does it Take a Rabbit to Settle into a New Home?

Isis

Mama Doe
I moved in to my flat over a week ago, both my boys seem to just stay in one area. They both have come from outside to inside, there is hardwood and tiles throughout the flat, but there was Lino in their hutch and shed. They are both separated, dylan has the run of the kitchen, but he just stays near his crate and the towel that I've put on the tiled floor. And wispa has the bathroom, with a carrier for him to use as well as a towel on the floor and he just stays in the carrier and the towel. I will get a dog crate for wispa soon, so he will come in the lounge.

But both of them, don't want to explore anywhere. I thought they would do by now.

It depends on the rabbits and circumstances really. Any chance a dog or cat or both lived there previously?

Noah hid behind a hutch for the first three weeks. :roll: Others have settled within three hours... Do they have any contact with each other? That might help them relex. Are they due to be bonded? :wave:

Back