• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

was it cuddles or trancing of a sort ?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Had swept up my carpet in my room as best i could with a rubber broom..was gonna hoover but lilys a little stressed today. So ive given her some metaclopramide just in case.

Its what happened before during and after the meds that has me confused.

I picked her out of her cage and and checked her botty..clean....feet etc....then she moved to get comfy and i had her laying on her side totally with her head in the crook of my arm. I made sure she wasnt laid back like tranced bunnies as wel.

she was one eye open one shut and she was breathing a bit fast them slowed down a bit..and seemed to be very comfy..
Im sorry but lilys a bun who likes being kissed and made a fuss of just lately it hasnt been that way. But she was ill.

so i spent ages rocking her like a babay and kissing her nose and cheeks and rubbing her nose too. she gave me her fromt paw to kiss too. And wed been like that for ages..i was hardly holding her as i wanted her to decide to get down or not.
I gave her the syringe of meaclopramide and she did fight it a bit but did take most of it bit by bit..shes mastered the bunny drool the meds out of the mouth trick!!
we carried on having cuddles and i even just had her loosley with one arm stroking her with the other and still kissing her in a way another bunny would do the face wash thingy..she loved it.

My first housebun used to do this most mornings sometimes for an hour and nodd off in my arms..but as soon as i sat still enough shed get off and off shed go. But lily didnt want to..she clung to me real tight. in the end i had her over my shoulder and she was so comfy and warm she didnt try to get down..i had to physically put her on the floor and she jumped just as her feet touched the carpet!!

shes come up a few times for a nose rub too.

ive left her almost alone since she came home..made a fuss whenever i was in the room. So each day ive been upset its like neglecting her. Berties seizures and rushing my mums bun to the emergency vet last night..and my injuries...shes not had enough interaction. shes a very hands on bunster.

so was it cuddles cos wed missed spending time with each other...or was she tranced?:?

Back