• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

shakira is poorly :(

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
usually she runs straight out her cage to get food but no today she just sat there i tried to tempt her but no she seemed to be struggling to go to the toilet and she cant sit in a comortable place. so he hasnt eaten took her straight to the vets they were unsure whats wrong they sed they could feel something hard but could be poo?

her wee was hard today if that makes sense. they have given me recovery food medicine to stop her feeling sick and tummy pain?? they want a wee sample

i juust reli hope she b ok xx

She sounds like Gordon when he went into stasis, he was given pain relief (metacam) and a gut stimulant, do you know the name of what she was given? Sending vibes for her xx

my buns have had this too, the vet gave them pain relief, gut stimulant and subcutaneous fluids and fibreplex, within four hours they were eating and then pooing and weeing comfortably again. I think the pain relief and gut stimulant is a must, I would insist to the vet that your bun has some if its not already had any, otherwise the bun will not eat as it is in pain then its just a vicious circle:(

Update she ain't good

I am so worried for her I'm getting my friend round to help as I'm struggling to syringe feed with one hand as broke fingers Xmas day! She is not even interested in her fave treat she is weeping her self and just sitting in it iv cleaned her so don't get sore :( I Duno what to do they gave her pain relief

I am so worried for her I'm getting my friend round to help as I'm struggling to syringe feed with one hand as broke fingers Xmas day! She is not even interested in her fave treat she is weeping her self and just sitting in it iv cleaned her so don't get sore :( I Duno what to do they gave her pain relief

did the vet mention stasis?? what did they seem to think it was??

are they bun savy?? it might be best getting her back to the vet if she's getting worse :(

I think you need to try and see a different vet.

She's definitely had pain relief? Has she had gut stimulants? Did she have any fluids?

What time did she see the vet? I think the drugs should be working by now :( If she's lying in her own wee she sounds very poorly. It might be best to get her admitted to the vets.

Hope she starts to feel better soon. Sending lots of vibes for Shakira xx

She has Defo been given pain relief and I have got emptied oral and recovery she has eaten a small amount and had sip ov water seems to have perked up a tiny bit

Oh good! They can pick up quite quickly once the meds kick in and they start to eat again, its horrible to see them so uncomfortable, so glad she is feeling a little better:)

Thank u yes I was so scared just wanted to cry I still have got to get a wee sample just I case the vets really did not no what was wrong but took every precaution x

Back