• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My redesigned guinea pig and rabbit cage

4piggiepigs

Warren Scout
This is what it was like

utf-8BSU1HMDExOTQtMjAxMTEyMjAtMTMyNy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEwNjctMjAxMTExMTQtMTkxMC5qcGc.jpg

it was temporary and the rabbit had free run of the kitchen/downstairs

He was just supposed to be here temporary but we have decided to keep him and he has had his first jab (mixy) vhd soon then neuter asap)

This is their house after

utf-8BSU1HMDEyMjMtMjAxMTEyMjctMTkwNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEyMjktMjAxMTEyMjgtMTQyMi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEyMjctMjAxMTEyMjctMjAwMS5qcGc.jpg

On the bottom a 2x5c2grid high c&c with 2x1 platforms on each end for the rabbit, he has a 2x3 correx tray which has fleeceliners and and soft toys a 2x2 for his hay/food.

the guinea pigs 8 have a 2x4 with a 2x1 kitchen and then a 2x4 upperlevel, they live on fleece liners which i make (www.guineapigcomforts.weebly.com)

please let me know what you think i can improve for him (his door is mostly open)

porridge on a hammock :)

utf-8BSU1HMDEwMTctMjAxMTEwMjUtMTAwOS5qcGc-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, porridge is the friendliest pig shes a chunky one too and betty is laying underneath lol, i already had grids for piggies but bought some more for the rabbite. whats your cage made from?

my cage is outside,so lots of very thick wood and proper house insulation inbetween 2 walls,the top 2 levels are for the pigs and the bottom 2 are for the buns,i love my bunnies but have a super soft spot for piggies,i have 2 buns and 3 piggies :love:
i love the pic of your bunny too,he looks super cute

100_1324.jpg

:lol: hubbie is a joiner,so is very good with stuff like that,i did some sewing a few months back and stood on the bloody needle,went right through my foot,you think that would put me off but iam still trying :lol:

I use a machine and its usually my OH that stands on my pins lol, if you want any help making anything let me know xx

Back