• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just actually had heart failure....

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
I normally know when my buns are flopping but opened the shed door and Tinkerbell was sprawled out on her side and sisn't respond, her eye was half open and literally I thought she was dead :cry: it was horrible, I saw she was still breatjing and went to pick her up and se suddenly woke up!!!! :shock: None of them have fooled me before... I'm soooooo relieved!!!!!!

Ahhhh, glad she's ok, it really really shakes you up doesnt it.

Poppy got me a few months ago, I was shaking the side of the dog crate....nothing!! Until she suddenly jumped up!!

Sorry, but i did :lol: i know the feeling all too well, and its horrid, but i never know who gets the bigger fright when i prod them, me or the buns :lol:

Biscuit did that to my wife a few months ago. She honestly thought he had died. She walked into the room, he didnt move, which is very unusual. She picked him up, he let her (Biccy does NOT do being held...) she screamed for me, he didnt wake up.

I walked into the room, he opened his eyes, looked at her as if to say "whats the fuss about?" and started grooming her nose :love:

Funny things these bunnies...

Aha..the bunny scare you silly routine...know it all too well:lol:

berties the worst..you think hes had a fit n died or pasturella breathing probs..no sign of breathing....wont:lol: wake up...get onto phone to ask vet if i should bring his body down....suddenly he jumps...half sits up..stretches and at same time does the MGM lion roar yawn:shock: smacks his lips..lays back down and goes to sleep!!!:lol:

i have just seen a bunny in cadbury garden centre do this my partner ran to get some help when the staff came over it woke up and was fine really scary:shock:

It was the fact she had half an eye open and was completely motionless, she looked stiff too :shock: the shed door is load to open as it sticks abit in the wet weather where the wood has expanded..... with her being poorly recently and on so much metacam i really thought she'd died in the night.... such a horrible scare!!!

Back