• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mistys litter

mistys_mum

Warren Scout
well on christmas eve i went upstairs and found a surprise litter of 7 kits in the dog cage thumper has been neutered so the culprit is jack he's got misty while i've been getting clean towels , we had 11 kits altogether with rosies 4 , we now have 9 two have gone to the bridge i've phoned the vets they said that seven was a big litter and we would lose some , i've been in tears all day and yes i'm a muppet for leaving the cage door open for a second i didnt want to post this because i know that i'm gonna get shouted at , i cant b any angrier at myself than i already am and the only thing i can do now is find good homes for the kits :cry:

I'm so sorry this has happened :(

We all make mistake unfortunately!

Last year, I was cleaning out my Pumpkin's cage and before I knew it, Dexter had jumped over the stairgate and they'd both finished by the time I got to them.

We ended up having 5 kits. We managed to keep 3 and rehomed 2.

It happens... We just need to learn from our mistakes and find them loving homes.

Good luck with the kits, I know how stressful it is! And I sincerely hope no one gives you any grief for this... Just get them all into the vets for their all important neutering as soon as you can :D and then no more accidents like this can happen :D

Good luck again xxx

Please consider spaying and neutering your buns. Then you won't have to worry about it again! (No shouting here :D )

Everyone makes mistakes, and if they haven't yet, they will do. All we can do is learn from those mistakes to prevent them happening again. I don't think that anyone should be so harshly judgemental as to 'shout' at you for a mistake.

Is mum feeding the kits? Are you feeding mum unlimited pellet food?

:( unfortunately buns will be buns and if you don't have them neutered this is the risk you face, all you can do is learn from this and do the best you can. good luck, im sure their are plenty of people on here who can offer you good advice :)

yep i am feeding her the pellets unlimited and hay , the 4 remaining kits are all rounded and have been fed we lost another one during the night , rosies kits are 2 weeks old now and binkying round their cage thanks all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cor I know that feeling! I found Matilda's 1 kit! I woke up to a huge nest, went to clean it up, and felt a wriggly thing!

She had 1 huge baby! which actually damaged tils insides, she was incontinant for afew months after, tho is fine now thankfully!

I've just started bonding the 'baby' he is 9 months(today) now! with his mummy!

Back