• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Smudge - making friends x

kat031181

Alpha Buck
Mr Smudgy has very much enjoyed his first christmas with us and certainly his first as a house bun! My cousin who although 22 (down syndrome) has been staying with us and the two of them have been insepaerable! She has fed cuddled treated and chatted too him. She can sometime struggles with life and understandingonly sees the good and its beautiful so when she left today she simply said thankyou to mudge for being her friend this week it did make me leak a little!!!!!! Watching her stroke and cuddle him to sleep just made me tearful reinforces everything i think that no matter how big or small the heartbeat they all have the same power to heal!

Im hoping when home later she will post her photos of him so will update them xxx

Last edited:
It is amazing what bunnies can do. At the rabbit sanctuary that I go to there was an older big rabbit who had seem to be unadaptable. A woman took the rabbit as a working therapy bunny. She brings her to hospitals. The rabbit seems to love it and it seems to help the patients a lot.

thats lovely :love:

i know personally no matter how bad a day im having, the minute im home with the buns and my dog it all melts away :) i owe them alot and hope that they know how much they mean to me :)

xxx

That is so wonderful that Smudgy has had such a positive effect on your cousin.

My 9 year old son really struggles to control his anger at times and his spells of rage can go on for hours. However, he adores Floppy and I have found that if I bring him in and sit him with James for a while then he cuddles him, strokes him and the bad mood passes much more quickly!

Animals just take people for who they are, they do not judge and have no preconceptions, they seem to know how you are feeling and connect with people in a way that only an animal can. :love:

Back