• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think?

Cally

New Kit
Hi

Can anyone give me some advice on bonding?

I have a gorgeous 3 year old red mini rex called Sid, he is the most loveable and tame rabbit that lives indoors.

Do you think it would be possible to introduce another male baby mini Rex into the mix, would Sid be agressive as he has never been introduced to another rabbit?

Any advice, help would be great.

Many thanks
Cally

Hi Cally,

Welcome to the site :)

It is advisable only to bond adult rabbits who have been spayed/neutered- especially when it comes to boys.

Generally a male/female bond works more successfully for bunnies though. It might be worth having a read of this :) http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm (from my website).

At 3 he has plenty of years left to be bonded with someone and is not too old to be bonded as long as he is neutered and the bonding is done properly. I bonded a far older lady who didn't realise she was a bunny with two bunnies andit was super easy :)

Hope that helps :)

Back