• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 females with 2 males and possibility of fostering

Dave81

Mama Doe
This is only an enquiry for now just after opinions.

I currently have 2 female rabbits due to be spayed sometime in January. I was thinking of possibly getting 2 male rescue rabbits once the spaying and healing process has finished.

I'm assuming there would be downfalls to trying this kind of bonding? I've read a few threads to pick up on the basics but not really seen much on the kind of bond I would possibly be attempting.

On another note I was thinking about fostering rabbits through the RSPCA, although I haven't contacted them yet, again I was going to wait for the spay to be completed. Does anyone else foster, if so what are they looking for, I'm assuming any foster rabbits would have to be kept separate so as to not have any bond broken when placed in a new home, or does that not matter too much?

Thanks in advance

There's a thread at the top of this forum about bonding trios, and the same rules apply for quads, so it would be worth a read :)

Yes, I foster bunnies. You will need accommodation that meets their rehoming requirements. It would also be sensible to have an area to quarantine them, and also think about what type of rabbits you want to foster (overflow, emergency, ill, disabled, behaviourally challenged, etc). You won't be able to bond them with yours unless you intend to keep them. Bonding and then splitting is not in the best interests of the rabbits involved.

had a good read of that thread it's very informative, it will certainly help if I go down thatroute.

unsure about fostering I may well wait and see how I feel about it once any new rabbits have been introduced to my ladies. I guess one step at a time before rushing into it

Back