• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

the girls are being spayed tomorrow

My two were spayed a month ago and they are absolutly fine! Its horibly worrying but this time tomorow you will be able to relax a little more (hugs). Sending lots of easy spay vibes xxx

:) thank you, how long did they have the stiches in for and how did you stop them nibbleing at them, i know its a more invasive op than when i had the boys done, i just carn't help worrying.

good luck to your bunnies tomorrow, our vet uses disolvable stiches and glue it was healed within a week :wave:

good luck to your bunnies tomorrow, our vet uses disolvable stiches and glue it was healed within a week :wave:

The same for mine :) about 4-5 days after surgery you wouldn't have known they had been spayed :) I kept them on one level of their hutch for 2 weeks to avoid the ramp and put them in the run daily for a couple of hours from 3 weeks after surgery and then they got their run back 24/7 4 weeks afterwards :)

:wave: thank you i'll ask the vet if they use glue, they didn't with the boys, the little ******* chewed theirs out after 2 days, gem and poppy are in my living room, i made a 6ft x 3ft pen with a divider in the middle, so the've got 3ft square each (had to split them up, gem wouldn't leave poppy alone humping wise, poppy kept running away but then turned on gem ) thought i'd keep them in that for a few days while they recover but i don't think it will be big enough now.:?

:D just phoned the vets, everything went ok, their still very sleepy, i can pick them up just after 6 :D
thank you for your comments, i asked the vet about the stitches, she uses stitches and glue :D

Great news that they're fine - they probably won't be up to much for about 24 hours but that's normal. I worried about all mine - 6 girlie buns including a deaf/blind little one and a tiny nethie but they were all fine - boys too when they were done x

:D just phoned the vets, everything went ok, their still very sleepy, i can pick them up just after 6 :D
thank you for your comments, i asked the vet about the stitches, she uses stitches and glue :D

:thumb: thats great news, bet you can;t wait to see them again x

:D was so relieved to see them, their home now, just took the doors off the carriers and put the carriers in the pens, the've had a little hop about, hoping they will eat something soon, put a load of herbs in for them, i feel really bad, they look so sorry for themselves. got to take them back tomorrow post-op check, if i carn't get the metacam down them vet will give them it by injection, they've gave me 3 days of metacam. :)

aww spays are scarey! ive only got 2 females, one is done, one is being done begining of summer! its scareyy!

you might find they like to lie on a heat pad or water bottle, tils didnt move from her bottle for 3 days!

Back