• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When did you last check your bunny's botty?

Bungle bunny

Mama Doe
I cannot believe it, I did bun checks only about a week ago and all was ok. Then I noticed that the Cleo and Bruces house was getting really dirty. I put my hand under Cleo and there was a huge, hard lump of poop stuck to her.

I go OH and we cleaned her up, poor cleo hated it.

Then she was clean for a couple of days then yesterday there was a huge lump of soft poop again.

I have cut out veg and cut down on pellets.

Bruce is really clean.

I have been watching out of the window to see what the ahave been doing and I think I have realised.

She has been eating the apple tree.

So we have put willow sticks around the bottom so hopefully that will stop her.

Is it the time of year do you think? Is it the same as with the leaves?

We are keeping a close eye on her. She seems to be happy, eating lots of hay and jumping around normally.

yes, i think its the leaves.They get really rich this time of year...Saw a thread on it but cant think where...

The bark is fine but apparently the leaves, when they turn brown get more sugary. :) I'll see if I can find prettylupin's thread on it.

I check all of mines twice a day, I have to brush Tinkerbells everyday anyway as she can't groom herself due to her arthritis :(

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'm afraid Spenser considers his lower regions to be none of my business. I get the odd glance when he is flopped out. Fortunately he is a very fit rabbit, and grooms to the point of OCD.

oh well done!! I just couldnt remember!!

Thanks but when I saw this thread I cleared the leaves out of the buns garden and didnt let them have any more. But its the tress and bark, not the leaves that she has been eating.

amazingly she was fine when she was eating the leaves.

Another reason, in my experience, could be.... all my 13 buns are well bottom wise, but one, Harley Mooks always had a bottom problem with hard matted poops stuck in his fur by his little scut - unfortunately he is the WORST to pick up and handle which was a problem! I was worried it was his food but as he shares with 2 others it was difficult to sort, anyway he has had a couple of bottom baths previously which helped a little but it was still the same. He is healthy and happy otherwise. So 'taking the bull by the horns' one day, my daughter and I gave him another bottom bath and went to work on him :lol::lol::lol:. I gently chopped away a lot of his fluffy fur around his scut and bottom area including his hard poopy bits of fur and HEY PRESTO everything is absolutely fine now!!! My opinion is that he is just tooooo fluffy around his butt and scut and it only took a few wees and poops to form a matted mess. His rear end is now beautiful :oops::oops::oops: - this might help!!

Another reason, in my experience, could be.... all my 13 buns are well bottom wise, but one, Harley Mooks always had a bottom problem with hard matted poops stuck in his fur by his little scut - unfortunately he is the WORST to pick up and handle which was a problem! I was worried it was his food but as he shares with 2 others it was difficult to sort, anyway he has had a couple of bottom baths previously which helped a little but it was still the same. He is healthy and happy otherwise. So 'taking the bull by the horns' one day, my daughter and I gave him another bottom bath and went to work on him :lol::lol::lol:. I gently chopped away a lot of his fluffy fur around his scut and bottom area including his hard poopy bits of fur and HEY PRESTO everything is absolutely fine now!!! My opinion is that he is just tooooo fluffy around his butt and scut and it only took a few wees and poops to form a matted mess. His rear end is now beautiful :oops::oops::oops: - this might help!!

Thanks for this, I will try carefully snipping away any long hair around there.

I don't, unless i think i need to.

I can see all i need to by getting them to periscope at food time.

Back