• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its on the kitchen door..

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Hanging there.
A towel.
The one I used to hold Lily in the day before I lost her.

And I just cant bring myself to wash it.:cry:
Its been a month.....

Aw, I feel for you so much. There is no rush, in fact, you dont ever have to move it if you dont want to.

Hugs for you

I had timmys little coat hanging on the back of the dining room chair for 18 months after he died. Couldn't bring myself to put it away. It would still be there now if Humphrey hadn't decided he wanted to wear it occassionally

I had timmys little coat hanging on the back of the dining room chair for 18 months after he died. Couldn't bring myself to put it away. It would still be there now if Humphrey hadn't decided he wanted to wear it occassionally

Oh good.Its ok to leave it there.
I know I have lots of things including that beautiful frame with her ashes in, but its one of the last things I have to link me to her.
I would still have had her soaked pellets in the fridge if they hadnt gone green.
I could see her mouth prints.......:(

My kitchen door still has the muddy marks where my dog used to push it open with his feet. He died over four years ago. Some day I'll wash them off, but not yet.

My kitchen door still has the muddy marks where my dog used to push it open with his feet. He died over four years ago. Some day I'll wash them off, but not yet.

One of my kittens pulled some wall paper off the wall. He died at 9 months old, 9 years ago. I only pulled the piece completely off and redecorated earlier this year. Couldn't bear to do it before then :(

I know I have lots of things including that beautiful frame with her ashes in, but its one of the last things I have to link me to her.
I would still have had her soaked pellets in the fridge if they hadnt gone green.

Timmys plate is still on top of the microwave as well. It has never been used for anything else. It came with him as his previous owner said he didn;t like to eat out of a bowl as they tickled his whiskers!!

I have a strappy top of mine that I sat Flash on to feed him when he was ill and died. That was six years ago today- never washed (ad spent most of those years in my bed, but now sits next to my bed). If you don't want to wash it dont, that's ok.

I cant wait to show you all Lilys memory book.Its currently under construction with Snowy......I have poems,a story, a dvd of all Lilys pics and videos to music, some fur, a box which Blackers made me for Xmas, cards and photos.I also have Lilys ashes in a 10x 12 inch oak frame which is just stunning.
The towel is a bath sheet.....tis large, but its a link to her which I cant destroy.

Yvie it's fine to leave things.
All I could do when Thumper passed was to remove his litter tray. When I tried to remove his dry food, the room was empty & wrong. Must have stayed there for a couple of months, or more even though I'd have freaked out if it disappeared over night!

Hang onto it as one of your memories. The back of my sofa in the conservatory still has a huge line of white hair from one end to the other where Wispa used to run behind it. She died 10 years ago but I can't bring myself to wipe it off. I even kept one of Bunge's poops :oops: (she was my first ever bunny) but it's part of her and I can't throw it away.

 I had my dressing gown on Friday morning when my little Girly lily passed away in my arms and I can still smell her on it and I can't bring myself to wash it yet I keep goin into her bedroom hoping she will come running out from under the bed or be sat in the window watching out but it's just making me ill so I been sat outside in the playhouse with my others this morning chasing em and playing with them to keep my mind occupied , I hope you will be ok soon they are gone but will never be forgotten ever 

Back