• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Homechecks

RubyGordy

Alpha Buck
Apart from looking at the hutch/run etc and presumably asking about feeding and things - what else?

Would they want to come inside? :shock:

It's a tip! :lol:

They probably would come and sit inside yes especially this time of year. They won't be checking your dusting though

They should talk about vets feeding vaccination holiday care etc Ask if you have any questions or things you aren't sure about

This is what we look at. http://flashsplace.webs.com/rspcavolunteering.htm (basically just that the accommodation is appropriate and safe enough but we had to break it down because adopter's sometimes struggle to understand what that means).

It's also a good chance to meet the adopter, sit down and have a chat (and yes, likely inside but it's irrelevant how your house looks, they will only be looking at anything relating to adopting a bunny).

Also, we don't call it a home 'check' we call it a home 'visit', which sounds, to me at least, less scary :)

Good luck!

Cheers. Just had the living room painted so the place is upside down.
I'll have to find another chair as the sofas are in my mum's garage. :oops::D

I'm sure they'll understand if you're in the middle of decorating! The last RSPCA homecheck I had, she met the rabbits and saw the accommodation, then came inside and asked me about vaccinations, the name and address of my vet, how many hours I work and who would look after them if I had to go away.

She also asked me for all my animals' names and ages! :shock: That took a while! :lol: She also asked if each of them was neutered and vaccinated... Including the budgies and cockatiel! :lol:

It was nothing to worry about :) Hope it goes well xx

It's also a good chance to meet the adopter, sit down and have a chat (and yes, likely inside but it's irrelevant how your house looks, they will only be looking at anything relating to adopting a bunny).

Also, we don't call it a home 'check' we call it a home 'visit', which sounds, to me at least, less scary :)

Good luck!

This I call it a visit and I always say that its an opportunity for adopters to ask questions that they might have thought of after they left the centre

Thanks.

I'm going to see the bun on Fri so doubt it would be till next week. Gives me time to get a bit straighter...:)

Mine came in, sat down and chatted a bit, then went upstairs to look at the dog crate... saw Bunsk running about. Asked a few questions and left. She wasn't here long.

Back