• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tami OK / Jojo poorly - emergency vet

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

I have actually been concerned about her for a few days and she was on my list of bunnies to get to the vets asap as soon as the Christmas period is over. Even though the weather is mild her ears and lips have been turning a bluey colour :? And yesterday her other eye started to get wet in the corner. I even commented yesterday that considering she has 3 good size bowls of pellets a day she is still really bony :(

This morning I found her hunched in a corner having not eaten any of her night time bowl of pellets. There are lots of nasty squishy poos every where. She has also drunk a whole bowl of water and has started on a fresh one. She didn't want her breakfast treat but did have half a bowl of mushed pellets ( normally she can eat them without water) and a mouthful of greens. I am hoping it is her teeth as she also turned down Auntie Karens heart bunny biscuit which is unheard of :? Her ears are a better colour today but I am worried.

I got her out for a while in the garden but she looked so hunched up I have popped her back in her hutch and run and might give her a heat pad in a little while.

As she has eaten a little bit I am hoping we can avoid the emergency vet again, but we shall watch her carefully through the day and of course take her if the need arises.

On top of that neither Fifi or Valerie have poo'd over night :(

Last edited:
Oh no, why are you having all these poorly bunnies at the moment? I hope that they manage to eat and poop lots soon. You must be exhausted!:(

I am hoping it is her teeth as she also turned down Auntie Karens heart bunny biscuit which is unheard of :?

That could just be my cooking.... :oops: but the other symptoms are worrying. :( Sending lots of vibes for all poorly bunnies.x

That could just be my cooking.... :oops: but the other symptoms are worrying. :( Sending lots of vibes for all poorly bunnies.x

I don't think so :D She has one every morning when she goes out in the garden and gets so excited she runs around with it in her mouth for about 15 minutes before she settles to eat it :lol: Today was the last one in the bag!

She is just sitting in her litter tray which is not normal for her so I am now doing her a heat pad. I am trying to decide whether to bring her indoors as Nutmegs large hutch is now empty, but I don't want her to get stressed by the change :?

Really sorry this lovely girlie is poorly. :(

I think I would be tempted to bring her in, but I can understand your reservations, especially if she is a stressy bun. :? What is your weather like?

I don't think so :D She has one every morning when she goes out in the garden and gets so excited she runs around with it in her mouth for about 15 minutes before she settles to eat it :lol: Today was the last one in the bag!

Awwww, bless her. :love::love: At least she's burning off the calories before she consumes them! :lol:

It's very mild here today so, assuming your weather is similar, a heat pad might be enough for her if you're worried about stressing her too much. It's never an easy decision to make though when they don't cope well with being indoors.

Awwww, bless her. :love::love: At least she's burning off the calories before she consumes them! :lol:

It's very mild here today so, assuming your weather is similar, a heat pad might be enough for her if you're worried about stressing her too much. It's never an easy decision to make though when they don't cope well with being indoors.

Yes it is very mild here and she does have a heat pad now. I think she will be OK indoors personality wise but it would still be a big change for her while she is unwell. Also of course if she comes in now she will have to stay in and that means Fifi would have to stay long term in her temporary cage instead of getting Nutmegs hutch :? So its trying to work out what is best for everyone as of course Fifi isn't particularly well. I also wanted to leave the hutch unused for a week or so until I could buy something to give it a more through clean as i have no idea what caused Nutmegs high temparature :(

so much to think about!

:cry: oh no not Tami :cry:

I'm going to guess it's teeth related too, she had 2 dentals in the short time she was here.

Let me know how she gets on, I will be worried sick if she needs a GA. :(

:cry: oh no not Tami :cry:

I'm going to guess it's teeth related too, she had 2 dentals in the short time she was here.

Let me know how she gets on, I will be worried sick if she needs a GA. :(

Me too :( Can you remember if it was her heart that stopped beating or her breathing that stopped during her GA?

Her ears are grey again but very hot :? I am going to see if she eats any of her tea, if not we will go to the emergency vet. But if we can keep her going until morning so she can see a vet that knows her and has her notes we will, especially if she needs a GA

She is passing some really nasty runny poo, with a few normal large round poos mixed in.

An hour ago her ears were burning, now they are stone cold :?

Tami is now doing much better. She has eaten all her tea :D:D No more runny poo so far so what ever was in her system seems to have worked its way out. I can't imagine it is her teeth as she is eating normal pellets and whole carrot with no problems now :) We will still get her vet checked when we can get an appointment as there are still concerns over her health but for now our immediate worries are over for her :)

However we now have Jojo in stasis :( I have no idea whats causing her to be so poorly, but her symptoms are different to all the other poorly bunnies and she has no contact with any of them. As she has major neurological problems she may have had a seizure :? Normally she is so feisty you can't get near her, but she seems very confused and we have managed to pick her up with no problems which is a real worry:( So the threat of emergency vet is not over for today just yet!

I was almost afraid to look at the Tami update, but so pleased she is doing better. :D Poor Jojo though - is she the bun who usually needs a blanket for handling? Sending vibes for her. xxx

I was almost afraid to look at the Tami update, but so pleased she is doing better. :D Poor Jojo though - is she the bun who usually needs a blanket for handling? Sending vibes for her. xxx

Yes and both Steve and I were able to pick her up with our bare hands - very worrying :(

I also became concerned about Frank today as when i cleaned out his crate I found both his supper and his breakfast uneaten under his vet bed. But he is fine, I think he slept through them both :lol: He is such a old bunny now that he is rarely awake. His ears flop and he dreams so heavily I never have the heart to wake him even when its veg time :love:

Back