• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bun boarding question

molly35

Mama Doe
For those who board buns or send their indoor buns for boarding, what facilities do you offer/expect? I am thinking of having an extra room built onto the house and am considering offering indoor boarding if this goes ahead so am doing a bit of research into what people expect and the best facilities I can offer. All of mine are outdoor so am a bit clueless on indoor setups.

Last edited:
Two of mine are going to my favourite rescue today for boarding and they only board indoors. I expect a large cage and daily free range time as well. I expect them to be well feed with hay and herbs and a small amount of pellets. I expect them to have a daily check for any signs of illness and some interaction and affection with their human carers. I expect them to be cleaned out daily and provided with plenty of bedding. I expect the people working there to be rabbit savvy and capable of understanding the species and it's needs. I also expect the rabbits to be treated with respect and be safe and warm. Since I have boarded them there before I know this will be the case. As its a rescue I often bring in veg and things for the other rabbits too and always pay in advance but this is purely because I am happy and impressed with the service.

All of mine are outside so excuse my ignorance. What size cage is acceptable? What flooring do they have (thinking in terms of cleaning easily and disinfecting)?

All of mine are outside so excuse my ignorance. What size cage is acceptable? What flooring do they have (thinking in terms of cleaning easily and disinfecting)?

whats the reason for asking?? :wave:

both my 2 are indoor buns and though i have never used boarding i would still have an expectation :) i would want a cage as big as what my guys have, i would want them to have a chance to stretch their legs (even if it was only in an indoor pen) and i would expect them to cater for their needs food wise even if that meant me supplying my own food :)

i guess the bottom line is i would want them to treat each bun differently depending on what that bun is used to :)

high expectations??? :oops:

whats the reason for asking?? :wave:

both my 2 are indoor buns and though i have never used boarding i would still have an expectation :) i would want a cage as big as what my guys have, i would want them to have a chance to stretch their legs (even if it was only in an indoor pen) and i would expect them to cater for their needs food wise even if that meant me supplying my own food :)

i guess the bottom line is i would want them to treat each bun differently depending on what that bun is used to :)

high expectations??? :oops:
sorry just edited first post, am thinking of offering indoor boarding as well as outdoor.
I already ask owners about their routine so I can stick to it as closely as possible. I have a blank canvas really to plan an indoor set up as I only expect to take in one (or pair) at one time.

sorry just edited first post, am thinking of offering indoor boarding as well as outdoor.
I already ask owners about their routine so I can stick to it as closely as possible. I have a blank canvas really to plan an indoor set up as I only expect to take in one (or pair) at one time.

ahhhhh ok, well i think if you are only intending to board one or a bonded pair at a time, go as big as you can :) a nice big indoor cage with a puppy pen attached to it x

Back