• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my two new additions*UPDATE* they are apparently girls

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
They were being kept in a tiny cage:( so I went out and bought the biggest cage I could find until my hubby builds me an aviary. I don't like birds being kept in cages so they will have plenty of free time out in the shed until the aviary is built. Meet Hugo and Spencer

140566317.jpg

140566318.jpg

Last edited:
They are gorgeous! :love: Which is which?

I have a real soft spot for budgies as when I was little we always looked after one for a neighbour when they were on holiday. I am afraid he was kept in a rather small cage, but that was back in the 1970s.

They are gorgeous! :love: Which is which?

I have a real soft spot for budgies as when I was little we always looked after one for a neighbour when they were on holiday. I am afraid he was kept in a rather small cage, but that was back in the 1970s.

Spencer is the yellow one and Hugo is the green one:D I had budgies when I was a kid and I have to say we never let ours fly free and they were in the cage all of the time. That was years ago though:wave:

Spencer is the yellow one and Hugo is the green one:D I had budgies when I was a kid and I have to say we never let ours fly free and they were in the cage all of the time. That was years ago though:wave:

The budgie I knew was green, but a much brighter green than Hugo. He was also rather, er, round ... possibly because he was not out much. He was much loved though, by the standards of the day and I was very upset when he passed away.

One of my Grans lived next door to a budgie (well there humans in the house too!). He was blue, and fluttered around the living-room in a way I'm afraid I found rather alarming.

Awww Sally they are lovely :love: Thank goodness you have them and I bet that even the temp cage you have bought for them is like heaven to them considering what they have been kept in x

After showing various people in the know pictures, they all said the same thing that they are girls:lol::lol::lol: trust me to believe exactly whatI was told. Now I need to think of new names:(

Back