• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hope - Still not eating - Vet today

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
I'm so worried about my little girl. She has gone through so much. She came in with huge wounds from a dog attack, and several broken ribs. She was painfully thin.
We got her well, and spayed her. She stopped eating after the spay and I nearly lost her.
Now 10 days after the spay, she has stopped eating again.
Its been over 24 hours, and although shes been on meds and critical care, there is no change.
Vets at 10 to 11 this morning.
Im so worried about her.
hope1.jpg

Not good news. She has adhesions and may never eat again. She's got another 24 hours of meds and syringe feeding before we make any decision, but Im devistated.

Not good news. She has adhesions and may never eat again. She's got another 24 hours of meds and syringe feeding before we make any decision, but Im devistated.

I'm so very sorry. :( I'm afraid I don't know what adhesions mean, but it's obviously very serious. I'll keep up vibes for her, and you are in my thoughts. You do such wonderful work with all the animals in your care. xx

Oh gosh, I am so so sorry :cry:

C'mon Hope, you have to start eating again.

Maybe start a thread of advice about adhesions, I am sure some of the other forum members will give some very good advice, and maybe information that might help getting her to eat again.

Is she on pain relief?

Sending massive bunny vibes your way for you and hope xx

She's gone to spend some quality time with Mike and Maysie from Tuckerbunnies. If anyone can get her right, it's them. Please keep sending her vibes. She's a poorly girlie. xx
She's on metacam plus 2 drugs to help her gut, as well as being syring-fed.
Big Vibes that the Tuckerbunny Magic will work. She's gone through too much lately. x

She's gone to spend some quality time with Mike and Maysie from Tuckerbunnies. If anyone can get her right, it's them. Please keep sending her vibes. She's a poorly girlie. xx
She's on metacam plus 2 drugs to help her gut, as well as being syring-fed.
Big Vibes that the Tuckerbunny Magic will work. She's gone through too much lately. x

Keeping up vibes for her and hoping that the Tuckerbunny Magic will work. Whatever, she will be in good hands. xxx

Back