• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

berties had a double seizure :( vibes please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
After not having a seizure for over a year...he had two in close succession this evening...but was up and post ictal before the valium was primed.

Its my fault....hes not been having his meds regularly enough..always was 10.30am and 10.30pm.....but had a few days of being too far apart or too close together due to my selfishness and stupidity. He hates the septrin....it really is a fight...and its so stressful for us both..but im worried as he gets so rattly in that state:(

a few times ive had to ask nikki...no wonder her ME has got worse again. But most of the time id been pretty good. Until the recent state of me bruised...swollen knees...:pachilles tendon inflammed even more on left heel...knackered ankle and foot on right side flared up and painful...tennis AND golfers elbow limiting my use of my arm and even wrist and hand. So i had to give in and take painkilers...which knocked me out....
lily being ill and recovering at home....all of it combined equals lack of sleep too..had even blown taking my meds out the water.

stupid stupid me:evil::evil: i am usually pretty good with his meds..he handt had a seizure since sept 2010:shock:

At the start of the first seizure he tried to wash his hind leg then fell over seizing...got up wobbly..walked a few steps and off he went again. i got the valium tore the wrapper but hed got up post ictal doing the attempted wash thing on his dewlap but not on it....i wonder if it was a shortage of oxygen that caught him out as he was washing his hind leg and thigh:(

ive now set the alarms on my mobile phone twice a day at 10.30 am and pm so i know to go give him his meds at right time.

ive not long taken mine usually try to take em 11pm 12pm latest....when i fall into bed:oops: i hate this..i know how it feels being late with meds or a few days or a week in some cases...odd..tripping sensation..scary too.

poor bertie..he had a snooze under his beloved christmas tree with its lights on.....then he staggered over to nikki and i as if to say..hey its alright..im ok.....and staggered back to lay down.

im sorry bertie....really i am....i of all people should know how important taking the epilepsy meds regularly is:(

vibes please...please

Please don't be too hard on yourself. You would never ever willingly put him at risk and these things are so hard to keep on top of at this time of year when routines are out the window.:D

Sending loads of vibes for Bertie. Hopefully he'll settle down and will be fine in a few days...

Lots and lots of vibes being sent for Bertie.

I wish you would let me help you, Debbie. With Bertie's meds or anything else. I live so close by. I know you worry about the mess in your house but you've seen mine and it is exactly the same. I only let people visit me who won't judge - so don't have that many visitors myself:(

Tons and tons of vibes for Bertie. xxx

Don't be hard on yourself Debbie you have had your and Nikki's health problems as well.

Topping up some more vibes for both you and Bertie. :)
((((((((((((((Vibes)))))))))))))))
Big hugs too! :)
((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

thank you all. yup got two alarms set on my mobile phone;):wave:

yes and ive been neglecting my own meds routines:oops: hink i need to take mine when he takes his!

told the vet last night and he was shocked too. severe pain or lack of oxygen to the brain with his pasturella on top of me fluffing his meds routine...no wonder he had seizures!!:(

Back