• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey is being a bit nasty - any ideas?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
Since yesterday - she has chased Binky a few times (Binky is the dominant rabbit - usually) and is just being a bit of a :censored: to be honest.

She's eating fine etc. we haven't had anyone visiting so routine has been pretty much the same.

I just can't understand why she's doing this.

(They are both spayed - have been for a while - but when hormones kicked in, it was Bailey who was aggresive then as well (with Binky - not us)).

Any thoughts?

No - Christmas was fine thanks for asking. :) Better than expected.

She is also digging loads - never normally does. Digging the laminate floor like crazy - don't know where she's planning on going!

Just got home to the litter box all dug from one end to the other?

They have plenty of toys and enrichment etc? I find Fiver gets aggressive when he's bored or frustrated.

Is Binky feeling ok? It could be that she/he is feeling under the weather and Bailey is taking advantage so is trying to dominate. Like I said Fiver will dig the laminate, chew things he shouldn't, bar bite or anything else to make noise and get my attention when he's bored.

This is extremely wild speculation on my part - based on half remembered info from a documentary I saw years ago but what the heck I'll mention it anyway -The weather has been a bit weird, could it be that Baily is doing what wild rabbits do and preparing the 'warren' for spring.

All great thoughts - thanks.

She seems to have calmed down yesterday - but they are both acting strangely still. Can't put my finger on what it is though. Eating and pooing as normal, maybe its because I'm not at work I'm seeing them at different times of the day.

Also - OH mum arrived the other day for 2 weeks -so that's 2 weeks of family gatherings my poor babies have to put up with :( Binky made great use of their new house last night though and hid in there!

(Bailey flopped - yes flopped! I was shocked as well with all the strangers there - behind the tv)

I'm glad your Christmas was ok. The reason I asked was because there was the possibility that Bailey might have been picking up on your mood and acting accordingly.

I would be wondering about teeth, I think.

That said, I think that you need to trust your gut instinct and if you've identified something isn't right, to trust that. My first advice would be a vet check, and then look for behavioural/environmental factors if their health appears to be fine.

Yes - there was another little chase earlier.

Do you think taking them in the car might help?

I hear some people do that just to give a kick up the bum so to speak.

If it doesn't help might pop to vets and just get their teeth checked. I did wonder about that the other night. My mum bought some crunchy carrot treats for them for Christmas and Bailey ate one. Next day turned her nose up at one. Then the next day ate one again.

Now - this is considering what a little piggy she is.

This is extremely wild speculation on my part - based on half remembered info from a documentary I saw years ago but what the heck I'll mention it anyway -The weather has been a bit weird, could it be that Baily is doing what wild rabbits do and preparing the 'warren' for spring.

My girl has been doing this the past few days, in my pile of clothes :lol: I keep catching her building a tunnel in my clothes with her head stuck in it :lol: (thats what you get for having a floordrobe :oops::lol:)

Back