• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not the Christmas day we planned - Binky free Nutmeg

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry:

Nutmeg appeared fine yesterday morning but by 3pm wasn't eating but still pooing well. We gave her some metacam and by early evening she was nibbling but this time pooing had stopped :?

After 11pm she started to really deteriorate despite the meds we had given her, she appeared in extreme pain, her head was tilting strangely which we believed was a pain reaction and her tummy started to bloat. It didn't take long for full bloat to kick in, she has severely reduced lung capacity anyway so with her abdomen pushing up she was struggling to breath and one of her eyes was bloodshot. The life had completely gone from her eyes at this stage, even though it happened so quickly.

the emergency vet was good and thought the same as us that the symptoms were secondary to a major health issue given all her problems. There was no way we were going to put her through tests as the journey had done her no favours so all we could do was help her to end her pain.

She was a brave amazing determined bunny who battled on through health problems that another bunny would never have coped with it. I hope she is now pain free and able to run around at the bridge :love:

I am hoping to get the chance to cook Christmas dinner later as we ended up with jacket potatoes yesterday instead, not sure I really feel up to eating it though :cry::cry:

Binky free Nutmeg, such a brave girl. :love: I have tears in my eyes for you, but know that you were blessed with many extra months thanks to the good care of Liz and Steve, and of course your lovely new hutch. I will treasure your photos. xxxxxx

:( binky free nutmeg. we lost our beloved bandit a few years back to bloat with twisted bowel....came on suddenly and he was pts before he could pass on his own.

Christmas time is the worst time to lose anyone you love...but the day itself...how awful.

angie you too..im off to post on your thread too hun.

so sorry ... we lost a bunny yesterday too .., :cry:

I am so sorry Angie :cry::cry:

I forgot to add that she had a raging temperature in the last hour or so too which I thought was strange as most bloat bunnies are cold and in fact she was cold earlier in the evening :?

thank you for all your kind words x

P1010100.jpg

So very sorry to you, and Bunnymadhouse, on the loss of your bunnies,

so very sad :cry:

Nite nite bunnies xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've got tears in my eyes!

What a gorgeous girl was Nutmeg. That foto's so cute.
*hugs* for all those who lost a loved one on Christmas day.
Hope you have something to cheer you up abit today.
Sweet dreams Nutmeg

-xxxxxxx-

Back