• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frankie's first Christmas here. :( Christmas Day Not good. Post 32. 27th Dec

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
It was not a good day for dear Frankie. :(

I came downstairs in the morning and went to greet the furry family. Everyone seemed fine....except for Frankie. He was not his usual happy, lively little self. Refused his breakfast and only wanted to have some water. Very loathed to move around.

I felt his tummy and couldn't feel any abnormality, so decided to keep a very, very close eye on him and re-assess him every half hour.

By mid-day I decided to start syringing him with some water and mashed pellets. Several tummy massages were also done. He didn't seem to have got any brighter. I was getting worried at this point.

Mid-afternoon and he was happily taking his syringed food. I thought things were improving............

Early evening he didn't seem to be making any more progress. No poos or wees. Getting very worried at this point.

I then decided to ring the vet and have them come out to see Frankie. I couldn't drive as I had had two glasses of wine during the day.

Between me ringing the vets and her calling on us, poor Frankie seemed to have some sort of fit and was squealing with pain. You can imagine the sheer panic for us all. My OH and I managed to calm Frankie down and get him more comfortable.

The vet arrived and said it was best for Frankie to be admitted to the surgery. So off he and Estelle went.

An hour later the vet rang and said that he was on painkillers and medication, and he seemed much calmer. She couldn't feel any mass in his tummy, he just seemed rather tender.

As you can imagine, I've had quite a sleepless night.

9.30am this morning the vet has rung. Frankie is bright and quite active. They are going to continue syringe feeding him, keep him on meds and will phone me around 5pm to see what is the best course of action. Obviously this all depends on how well he progresses through the day.

We have no idea as to what the problem is, just hoping it is soon cleared and he is back home with his family.

Fingers crossed for the little chap. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh no, what a worry for you. That is such a shame and I hope he is better and back home very very soon. xx

Oh no, that must have been awful seeing him in so much pain, sending mega vibes that Frankie continues to recover well xx

What an awful fright for you all. :shock::(

Sending lots of vibes from the Kingdom of Spenser. I think you must have posted just after I went out for the day as I didn't see this earlier when I was on.

Hi Di .... it's Jacqui. Thought it was easier to sign up and communicate via the forum. Sending massive amounts of *everything crossed* for the vets call about little Frankie. Thinking of you all.

<<<Hugs>>>

Jacqui and Benjy xxx

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes. It is appreciated.

Still waiting to hear from the vets. I'll give them until 6.30pm.
Otherwise I'll ring them.

Hi Di .... it's Jacqui. Thought it was easier to sign up and communicate via the forum. Sending massive amounts of *everything crossed* for the vets call about little Frankie. Thinking of you all.

<<<Hugs>>>

Jacqui and Benjy xxx

Welcome Jacqui and Benjy to RU.:wave::wave:

I feel sure that you will love being on here.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

The vet has just rung.

Frankie and Estelle can come home!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:love::love::love:

Frankie is much, much better. Eating, drinking............................:thumb::thumb:

And the vet who has been on duty today is just finishing her shift and lives in the town. She is going to bring them home for me.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Back