• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matilda and Grayson's bonding thread! U/D post 33-What to do next?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
They've been in since 10am!!

not much going on atm :/ there just avioding each other with the occasional sniff ha

I no most day no litter tray, but there both well litter trained and grayson panics when he can't get to a tray! its big enought for both to fit in, so they shouldnt fight over it, so will see how it goes!

Grayson keeps spraying pee tho grr!

395464_2948679034669_1192116864_3296330_1837511979_n.jpg

eating brocolli
396332_2948684874815_1192116864_3296339_376171566_n.jpg

ETA spoke to soon! circling and nipping and now grayson is mouting tilda

Last edited:
How far do I leave in interms of, circling??

do I just let them get on with it or seperate with a board but straight away remove the board once their apart?

Grayson is defo going to be top rabbit, which is very suprising and Matildas a stubbon little thing!

An hour in and after circling and nipping, for a whole hour the have both exhausted themselves and are as flopped out kinds next to each other!

I personally stop it if I'm not sure if it's going to lead to fighting. If I'm a bit into the bonding and I know it's not going to end in fighting then I let it carry on.

I personally stop it if I'm not sure if it's going to lead to fighting. If I'm a bit into the bonding and I know it's not going to end in fighting then I let it carry on.

they seemed to have settled abit now! through exhaustion tho!

its not full on fighting! but they circle and nip each other, then i put the board in for afew seconds to calm it down, but i spose they have to 'fight' a certain amount to get sorted out! obv aslong as their not as risk of injuring each other!

Personally, I wouldn't be letting the rabbits fight on any level. That said, chasing and nipping isn't fighting. Circling can lead to fighting but isn't fighting itself.

Personally, I wouldn't be letting the rabbits fight on any level. That said, chasing and nipping isn't fighting. Circling can lead to fighting but isn't fighting itself.

oo, all their doing is chasing and nipping atm, they've circled afew times, but then its back to nipping!

there both face to face puffed out atm tho :)

390249_2948902320251_1192116864_3296492_399486310_n.jpg

When they circle, is it more that they're trying to figure each other out?

I hope they stay chilled out Emmiiee

Circling tends to be a sort of mis communication from my pair - wilma circled Mr to hump he turned to run away - she saw this as him attempting to hump her....and so on.

Keep an eye on it as it can get "nasty"

When they circle, is it more that they're trying to figure each other out?

Circling is often when one is trying to mount the other and the other doesn't want it, so whirl's round to try and do the same. It can also be when one bunny goes up to the other bunny and tries to sniff the scent glands around the genitals and the other bunny doesn't like this, so edges away and tries to sniff the other bunnies scent glands, and as each bunny edges away the sniffing bunny tries to sniff more and that can also lead to circling. Often, if you watch the body language of the bunnies it is a prelude to a fight (often, but not always- I had a couple bond who circled like crazy trying to hump but never, ever fought).

Circling is often when one is trying to mount the other and the other doesn't want it, so whirl's round to try and do the same. It can also be when one bunny goes up to the other bunny and tries to sniff the scent glands around the genitals and the other bunny doesn't like this, so edges away and tries to sniff the other bunnies scent glands, and as each bunny edges away the sniffing bunny tries to sniff more and that can also lead to circling. Often, if you watch the body language of the bunnies it is a prelude to a fight (often, but not always- I had a couple bond who circled like crazy trying to hump but never, ever fought).

Ooh, ok. It's interesting how bunnies can do one thing and it can mean many different things and lead to many different outcomes depending on how it's done and the context. Obviously it's the same with human behaviour but I'm not a bunny so I find their ways of acting very interesting :D

End of day 1, After a morning of nipping, mounting and fur pulling, they spent the afternoon asleep! And just now laid next to each other ♥ fingers crossed for a quiet night with no midnight rabbit fights!

more pics
378423_2950788647408_1192116864_3297630_1584844343_n.jpg

396081_2952718215646_1192116864_3298876_1250960773_n.jpg

and the best pic of all tho really blurry

The white blob is Matilda, the blacky/grey blob is grayson!
407128_2952522410751_1192116864_3298791_893892097_n.jpg

When should I move on from where they are now? There's been no fights since yest midday, grayson isa getting abit stressy as he normally has the whole room and not a little space!

Not sure where to go.. Cud I let them free range in my room during day and into small space at night?

Back