• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any one local to Milton Keynes?

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I could do with some help...

I have a bonded pair that aren't getting on too great and ideally I need them out of our garden as the smell from other rabbits are setting them off. If you could take them on (even for a while) I'd appreciate it. I have a chicken coop with detachable run that can go with them. I just need them to settle and with all these rabbits in our garden, that isn't going to happen soon.

Please let me know if you would like to help. They're fine when no other rabbits are too near, but I can't take them away from our other single rescue rabbits at the moment.

If you're trying to find a place for foster bunies then you'll need to check with your RSPCA because they may have somewhere/one they can squeeze them in and I would also presume they would need to vet any new foster home.

these two aren't apart of the rspca fosters and they're full, because i foster for them too :|. but i know these two are better off in another area. its just trying to find the spacewhere someone can care for them in the mean time. i don't like the idea of asking for help but its in the pairs best interest i believe, to stop them from squabbling

:(

Does anywhere else locally suggest somewhere I can hand them to, temporarily or permanently? thanks, it's starting to stress me out a bit :/ I've bitten more then I can chew so to speak

Where have they come from? can they go back there?

Can't you separate an area in your garden?

Where have they come from? can they go back there?

Can't you separate an area in your garden?

They came from an owner whos circumastances had changed :roll: unfortunatly no, I don't have their contact details anymore which is my fault as I deleted them :roll: I've just put the single male (who seems to be causing the distress) at the other far end of the garden to see if it helps which in theory it should. But for now I've kept the pair shut away in their hutch do keep them calm until morning when I can actually observe them properly to see if it has helped. I didn't want to move him to the bottom of the garden originally in fear he might disrupt my quad....but they're as far away from my quad as they were before, just at the opposite end, so hopefully they'll be ok. I'm feeling good about this re-arrangement for now so I can relax until morning.

The whole thing has blown up a bit more then it should because I'm not sleeping well at the moment whcih is enough to drive most people around and bend, plus it's christmas....who want's stress at christmas? So I'm tryin to keep calm for the day to not let it ruin in.I'm trying to do my part for the rescues for the winter as this time of year is worse as you all know, but also I'm not helping myself considering I have a quad and a bonded pair in the garden. Not to mention the little toothless boy who's living in my room until spring. So it's all a bit manic really, but I'm hoping *fingers crossed* I've sorted it now, or atleast a lot more.

I've definatly learnt my lesson, taking on a bonded pair or rescue rabbits with other singles living next door was a very silly and risky idea. And I've probably taken on too many too. Once this pair has found a permanent home, and the single large mini lop boy has found a home, I'll definatly be more wise to who I care for. Merlin will go back outside when the weather is warmer, and I'll probably only foster 1 other rabbit at a time at most. Merlin is a permanent foster bunny here. So although I want to help out with rescues, I think I've come to the conclusion that I can't keep too many, especially with my quad of bunnies living there. So yes, hands held high, I've learnt my lesson and won't make that mistake again, if not for a bonded pair, then for my own rabbits sake.

Huff and sigh....I feel a little better now :) Merry Christmas btw :D

*squishes*

I understand a bit more now. Life is a learning curve so try not to beat yourself up about it, it's just a case of trying now to solve it, which is what you're trying to do.

Remember that obviously today is Christmas therefore many members will not be on or even able to contemplate helping someone today so you might find you get more answers over the next few days :)

*squishes*

I understand a bit more now. Life is a learning curve so try not to beat yourself up about it, it's just a case of trying now to solve it, which is what you're trying to do.

Remember that obviously today is Christmas therefore many members will not be on or even able to contemplate helping someone today so you might find you get more answers over the next few days :)

Cheers Sky-O, it's definatly a learning curve. Luckily Tamsin has kindly offered her help, so if the moving around of hutches doesn't work in a day or two then I'll contact her to see if she'll still house them until I can rehome someone to free up space so squabbling is less of an issue. I know, trust it to be christmas and the issues start to become a bit more then managable :roll:

Thanks everyone for all your help. It's really appreciated.

Back