• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RABBITS IN RESCUE FOR CHRISTMAS - PHOTOS ADDED- A gift from the previous owners

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
So I've just taken a call from the vets where I work as someone has just walked in with two bunnies that have been dumped in his garden. Presuming that this gent is genuine (and seems to be)................. how lovely of the old owners to give the rabbits the gift of a life in rescue for Christmas. Some humans need a reality check.

Luckily for them the lovely folks at ARC have agreed to take them so I'm off over there now to collect until I can get them there this afternoon. So much for Christmas shopping today.

Why or why do people feel that it's acceptable to do this kind of rubbish. And this is entirely why rabbits should be given a second chance at a good life by being adopted from rescues. Not the rabbit's faults that they have been kicked out.

*gets off soapbox*

Last edited:
It's just heartbreaking that so many people see these wonderful creatures as a commodity not a vibrant living being, and think it's acceptable to turf them out when they have had enough.

Thank goodness for people like yourself and the other rescuers for doing what you do despite the message not getting through to all of the world outside.

It's just heartbreaking that so many people see these wonderful creatures as a commodity not a vibrant living being, and think it's acceptable to turf them out when they have had enough.

Thank goodness for people like yourself and the other rescuers for doing what you do despite the message not getting through to all of the world outside.

I second what you've said!!

Hope you can get your bits and bobs done between running bunnies to ARC Helen xx

Those bunnies are getting a wonderful Christmas present and thank goodness for the man that took them to your vets. they have fallen on their feet thanks to all of you who are involved :)

I second what you've said!!

Hope you can get your bits and bobs done between running bunnies to ARC Helen xx

Not a hope Laura. Was meant to do shopping on Tuesday but was crook in bed so today was the day and that's blown it. Have to be here for two clients at 1 and 2.30 so only hope will be between 3-5.30! Actually I don't care as it can be my excuse for not buying a single christmas present.

I cannot imagine how many other rabbits are also going to be turfed out to make room for a new animal, or a holiday where noone is available to 'feed the bunnies' while the owners are away. Breaks my heart it really does.

Am meeting Gill this afternoon and we're praying they aren't huge or too poorly sick :-(

:( so depressing, but they probably come from somewhere awful anyway Helen seeing as they were dumped. Its probably the best christmas present for them being rescued. You do such a fab job hun and selflessly put the bunnies first, must be a stressful day for you xxx

Aw lucky bunnies to have landed on their feet. Well done you! I'm sure your family will understand why they didn't get a present on Christmas day.

Hope the buns are fit and well.

Merry Christmas!!

I cannot imagine how many other rabbits are also going to be turfed out to make room for a new animal, or a holiday where noone is available to 'feed the bunnies' while the owners are away. Breaks my heart it really does.

I cant imagine how people must see pets to be able to part with them at all. I cant even part with horses, we just keep them til the end of their days. To think that someone could just get rid of a pet like rubbish and still live with themselves is terrible. My little piggles have all sorts of christmas fun to look forward to, Buzzby too. Taff (my horse) unfortunately is too fat, so cant have his christmas carrot "cake" but will have some apple treats and much cuddles tomorrow morning.

I suppose the one small mercy is that the owner did put them in someones garden and didn't take them to a vets to be pts or dump them on the road or at a butcher shop.

Now that you are getting them is a blessing for these 2 bunnies. What would happen without people like you ?

I hope they had been looked after.

Hope you have a lovely Christmas tomorrow. We are having a present free day too.

I'm back with the 'girls' although I haven't had a good look at their 'bits' yet. Very pretty bunnies indeed.

I don't think that this story actually stacks up too well...................and for rabbits that were in someones garden for atleast an hour, they are in very clean condition with clean paws. They seem to be young and on the face of it healthy with short nails, clean eyes etc. Very nervous though. I suspect that they may have been kid's buns that are possibly not cuddly enough.

I could of course be very wrong and it could all be as decribed by the man who took them into the vets. He said that they may go back later and get them if they could go and buy a hutch - which makes it sound like it could be plausible, but that truly would be an impulse situation so far better that they go to ARC.

Poor bunnies. I just don't understand how people don't love their bunnies. I wonder if they knew more about having them as house bunnies then they might bond more with their bunnies. I don't know.....humans are the worst.... :(

I'm back with the 'girls' although I haven't had a good look at their 'bits' yet. Very pretty bunnies indeed.

I don't think that this story actually stacks up too well...................and for rabbits that were in someones garden for atleast an hour, they are in very clean condition with clean paws. They seem to be young and on the face of it healthy with short nails, clean eyes etc. Very nervous though. I suspect that they may have been kid's buns that are possibly not cuddly enough.

I could of course be very wrong and it could all be as decribed by the man who took them into the vets. He said that they may go back later and get them if they could go and buy a hutch - which makes it sound like it could be plausible, but that truly would be an impulse situation so far better that they go to ARC.

I wonder also how big the hutch would be and whether he'd bother with a run :( What kind of bunnies are they, colour etc? x

I wonder also how big the hutch would be and whether he'd bother with a run :( What kind of bunnies are they, colour etc? x

^^ This. If he has signed their care over to the vet could you not insist that you go check out the hutch (plus run) before letting them go?

Sounds like they have had a lucky escape tbh. At least they are safe now with the opportunity of finally getting a loving home.

I'm sorry it's ruined your one well deserved day off to Xmas shop like many of the rest of us, you are so selfless. Thank you so much for rescuing yet more rabbits Helen x

So these bunnies are heading up to ARC this evening. For now, I have had to put them in a run as I've nowhere else and they are loving it. They seem very happy ladies and will for sure make someone a lovely pair of girls (confirmed they are both female).

Gill has allowed David and I to name them and we've called them Noela and Evie. Noela is a very slighly marked magpie dwarf lop, but is mostly white and Evie is a harlequin dwarf lop. Both a bit skinny to be honest.

Photos to follow so if any of you are interested in adoption and live in the ARC rehoming area, you should get in touch in due course.

Meet Noela

PairofFemalesDumpedatKynochs011.jpg

PairofFemalesDumpedatKynochs021.jpg

PairofFemalesDumpedatKynochs015.jpg

and her friend Evie

PairofFemalesDumpedatKynochs007.jpg

PairofFemalesDumpedatKynochs010.jpg

Back