• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

chinos new home.

flctyjnclff

Young Bun
my name is chino, i'm a 9 year old netherland dwarf rabbit, and i used to live here...
30jha54.jpg

i had never had any fresh food, or hay, and lived on woodshavings which made my feet sore. i only came out of my cage every so often and only went in a run in the summer. i had a breeders ring attached around my ankle which was so inflamed that i was limping. when i first arrived at my new home i wouldn't move from the corner of the cage and was very timid, because i wasn't used to wide open spaces. even if you left the lid of my cage off i wouldn't move for hours.

now i live here...
25gf152.jpg

dd0zyv.jpg

and even after just a couple of days i am like a changed rabbit! i'm much more inquisitive and lively, i'm munching hay like a natural, and i've had my first ever carrot. my ring has been removed and i'm on anti-inflammatorys for my leg and i can now stand up on my hind legs without falling, and walk without limping. i will go outside into a nice big hutch and a run when it's spring.

379990_2653369467956_1667391013_2448626_2676428_n.jpg

he honestly is such a darling. thanks to greenleaf animal rescue for all their help with rescuing him and a big shout out to AMY for transporting him down to me for his twilight years.

ps. he was on blue peter once as a young lad!

So happy he is with you now Felicity :) Thankyou so much to Amy for the transport run!! This bunny would have been destined to live in that cage for the rest of his life no doubt as many bunnies do.

What a nice big pen, lots of toys and thick thick hay for him! He is a very cute little one too.

Also, the room is absolutely stunning - wallpaper, fireplace, furniture, all of it!

What a nice big pen, lots of toys and thick thick hay for him! He is a very cute little one too.

Also, the room is absolutely stunning - wallpaper, fireplace, furniture, all of it!

thank you very much - i've never had an inside bunny before this is my first attempt, so i'm glad someone commented on that! :) i felt as he hadn't had any hay for his entire life he deserved to be spoiled :D & he is REALLY loving it (& dried bananas, a particular favourite apparently!)

i can't take credit for the room, my dad decorated it, but i will pass on your compliments i'm sure he'll appreciate them - i love that room.

I cried when I read this :love:

Hello chino- :wave:

It's so good to see you in your new home. And I'm so pleased you've had the ring removed and you are out of that 'tank'. It was so lovely to meet you last Sunday & you travelled so well. Ava kept saying bunny all the way :love:

My dad was asking after you the other day and now I can show him that youve fallen on your feet with felicity & zac.

Have a lovely Christmas

Amy x x x

I cried when I read this :love:

Hello chino- :wave:

It's so good to see you in your new home. And I'm so pleased you've had the ring removed and you are out of that 'tank'. It was so lovely to meet you last Sunday & you travelled so well. Ava kept saying bunny all the way :love:

My dad was asking after you the other day and now I can show him that youve fallen on your feet with felicity & zac.

Have a lovely Christmas

Amy x x x

aw amy! i hope that they were all happy tears, & i will keep everyone on RU updated on his progress but hes most certainly a very, very happy bunny at the moment :) have a lovely christmas too! :)

I've got tears in my eyes reading his story, I'm so glad he now has a lovely new home with lots more space :D

Back