• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet shop soooo busy!

steveg

Warren Scout
Popped in past the local pet shop today for a look and couldn't believe how busy it was. The owner told me last year he had to lock the door 'cos he couldn't cope. It's quite a small local shop but very clean, well stocked with a healthy turnover. Also helps that it's in a community where there's clearly a lot of disposable income and that P@H is about three miles away.

Ended up buying one of the trixie triple tunnels (largely ignored by Peter), some Naturals herbs (always loved) and three wicker balls (which he started to eat straight away).

We really are a nation of animal lovers, 'cos the money being spent in that shop was amazing! It looks like the pets in Aberdeen are going to have a great Christmas!

Last edited:
We've a new Pet Shop in town, but I haven't been in yet.

What herbs is it Peter likes? Spenser sends bunny greetings up north. :wave:

Pet shops over here are busy too atm, sadly it's mainly due to the fact that a lot of people are buying pets as Xmas presents :cry:

Hi Susie! Best wishes to Spenser too. :wave:

We buy the Boredom Breakers Natural range of herbs, dandelions etc etc. The herbs are good value 'cos you get a 500g bag for about £3.50 which last quite a while as he only gets a little every second day or so. The 100g bags of dried dandelion etc can work out quite expensive.

We also bought a big bag of Rabbit Royale from the local farm shop as a change from the P@H nuggets and have to say Peter loves it. We were £11 for a massive sack of it, which will last months.

We're getting prepared for getting Polly in the New Year, although it'll be three months or so before we can bond, which is a pity.

Yeah, it's sad. Pets as gifts should be banned as many people can barely look after themselves, never mind an animal.

We had to answer a lot of questions to get Polly from the RSPCA rescue and you have to be prepared for a visit from them too, and that's how it should be.

It's about time legislation was introduced re the selling of domestic pets.....anyhow, I digress........

Yeah, it's sad. Pets as gifts should be banned as many people can barely look after themselves, never mind an animal.

We had to answer a lot of questions to get Polly from the RSPCA rescue and you have to be prepared for a visit from them too, and that's how it should be.

It's about time legislation was introduced re the selling of domestic pets.....anyhow, I digress........

I completely agree with you.

I must look out for Boredom Breakers. :) Spenser was on Rabbit Royale when I got him, and I only changed him to pellets because he tended to selective feeding.

Yes, we started with the nuggets, following the advice on this forum but someone said their bun loved Rabbit Royale so thought we'd give it a try.

Peter can be selective too but if you don't replenish too early he'll eat it all. It's like us with a box of chocolates, you'll leave the strawberry creams till last but if there's nothing else, you'll probably end up eating them!:lol::lol:

Yes, we started with the nuggets, following the advice on this forum but someone said their bun loved Rabbit Royale so thought we'd give it a try.

Peter can be selective too but if you don't replenish too early he'll eat it all. It's like us with a box of chocolates, you'll leave the strawberry creams till last but if there's nothing else, you'll probably end up eating them!:lol::lol:

My favourites! :p They don't last as long as the hard-centres, that's the only prob.

Rabbit Royale is said to be the best of the mix feeds.

It's certainly good value if you buy the big sack of it. I take a handful most days and scatter it on the grass for the wild rabbit, some of the birds seem to like it too!

Our shed has been taken over by bunny food, straw, hay etc. :oops:

I think we've enough food to keep several buns going for weeks :roll:.

awww our little pet shop is mega busy at the mo and although they do usually sell animals - (very well looked after animals and the staff are so clued up on bunnies hamsters etc) BUT they dont sell any animal from the end of october till march as they dont want them being brough as xmas presents or poor hamsters buns etc being left in cold temps after being in the cozy shop

i :love: my local pet shop xx

Yeah Amy, it's a sad fact that many young buns are going to be worse off with their new owners than they were in the pet shop.

Fortunately, they are very resilient and will probably make the best of a bad lot, but you can't help feeling sad about it......:cry:

Back