• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad news about my friend's rabbit....well it COULD be bad...

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
I posted a thread here yesterday about my friend in the UK who was neglecting her rabbit...I was very worried about the poor guy since whenever we've taked lately she hasn't mentioned him at all and has got noticably annoyed with me when I've asked anything. Well today I asked her again, turns out she gave him away as she realised that she couldn't cope with him, she gave him to a friend of her sister's who apparently has small children. I've sent her another message asking whether she knows for sure that he'll be well looked after but she hasn't replied yet. To be frank I'm even more worried now :( I know nothing of her sister's friend and her children, of course, they could be lovely people who will look after him very well, get him neutered etc. But I'm still really worried that things will only get worse for him now being in a family with small children, and that he'll end up being PTS or dumped when they don't want him anymore :cry: I'm also very cross with my friend for not telling me this before, she knows that I really cared about him and wanted to help them make his life better. It sounded like it's been a while since they rehomed him :? And now that my friend doesn't have him anymore I won't be able to make sure he's ok and help him out if needed :(
Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm really upset now :( I can't believe she didn't even tell me.

*squish* Well done for finding out the truth.

Could you offer to maybe send some advice/info to her friend? That way you have done what you can?

She replied to my email, and apparently they've bought him a "large hutch" and plan on keeping him outside (I do hope they'll be keeping him indoors till Spring...:?) . She also said that since the woman is a nurse she'll probably look after him :roll: Which isn't exactly a valid argument in my opinion. I did mention that I'd be happy to help them out if they had questions, and asked if there was any way she could keep in touch with them or give contact info to me. So I'm hoping I can at least do something :) *fingers crossed*

Well I talked to her about it and she got really annoyed like I expected, she basically told me to shut up and leave her alone :( She also said in a really rude way that I wasn't the only one who knew how to look after a rabbit and that her sis wouldn't give him away to someone who would neglect him, I just felt like saying "Well she gave him to you didn't she." :evil: So upset right now. Why do people always get ****** off at me when I try to help :(

Remember that the fact she got angry is a cover emotion and it's probably covering guilt or shame and she has just turned it around on you because that is less uncomfortable than the truths you are making her see.

It's not a reflection on you, just on her.

Yeah. I did try :( And I'm not giving up just yet either, I'm going to keep asking if she's heard anything about the bunny and so on. If she gets cross with me then I guess maybe I'm better off not being friends with her :? :(

Back