• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe for indoor solo (recently bereaved) bun?

Vita

Mama Doe
I have one of the large Snugglesafes that are meant for humans. Just wondered if it would be of any benefit to Ada to put it in her pen.
More importantly, could it do any harm?

ETA I only have one cover for it at the moment.
The house is quite warm anyway.

I have no idea what a human snugglesafe is but sometimes bereaved bunnies do like a heat source to sleep with so if it's safe for bunnies I doubt you would lose anything. The worst that would happen is that she would ignore it.

I have no idea what a human snugglesafe is but sometimes bereaved bunnies do like a heat source to sleep with so if it's safe for bunnies I doubt you would lose anything. The worst that would happen is that she would ignore it.

It just seems to be a bigger Snugglesafe. The manufacturers developed the same idea as a hot water bottle substitute. http://www.snugglesafe.co.uk/acatalog/pet_bed_heat_pad.html
It's at the bottom of the page.

Thought of using it when she was spayed, but poor little Beatrix was so good at looking after her and curling round her that it seemed completely unnecessary.

Thanks - nothing to lose is what I'd suspected, but wanted to check first.

ETA: So glad I searched for the link. I just read it and it says it's not bite resistant! So NOT a good idea for a bunny after all!!!

I think I will get her a proper one :)

Back